Student Worship Leader Job Description
The Student Worship Leader is a spiritual and organizational leader who assists the Worship Arts Pastor in the leadership of the student worship ministry of LCC. Leadership in the worship ministry of LCC includes but is not limited to leading community worship in the student ministry, the college ministry and other worship services as assigned by the Worship Director; ensuring each worship service is led in such a way that the values of excellence and authenticity of the LCC Worship Ministry have been followed.
Supervisor: Worship Arts Pastor
15-20 Hrs per week
- A clear testimony of faith in Jesus Christ and a vital, growing personal relationship with Him.
- Experience in leading worship, mentoring vocalists, and training musicians.
- Sense a calling to serve in this kind of ministry role and ability to clearly articulate that calling to others.
- Track record of success as a team builder.
- Proficiency in playing piano and/or guitar with the ability to lead while playing with a working knowledge of practical music.
- Experience as a leader and recruiter of volunteers in all areas of Worship Ministry in a church with nurturing talent in multiple age groups.
Objective 1: Inspiring, God-honoring worship and all worship-supported special events are supported through musical excellence and well-staffed volunteer teams 52 Sundays a year
- Heart for the spiritual formation of those in the congregation and the worship ministry.
- Relational skills and an enthusiastic presence for leading worship.
- Ability to work with Chord Charts and the Nashville number system.
- Commitment to ongoing personal & professional growth.
- Fully support the mission, vision, and philosophy of the Worship Arts Ministry of LowCountry Community Church.
- Must have strong vocal skills.
- Work on projects as assigned by Worship Arts Pastor
- Determine, document and follow procedures, protocol, written objectives and evaluation processes for programming in worship services and special events
- Collaborate with the Worship Ministry Team for the planning of creative worship services and special events; add value and impact to the direction, design and implementation of all service elements
- Collaborate with the Worship Arts Director to create worship “experiences” – effectively integrating music, multimedia, lights, staging, IMAG, etc.
- Responsible for proper stage setup and tear down for worship services and special events – musical instruments, audio equipment, stage props, and set designs
- Know what is coming at least 6 weeks in advance
- Intentionally plan ahead on all service transitions and maps
- Listen to weekly worship set-lists for understanding worship direction
- Build the necessary teams to carry out the student worship areas of LCC.
- Plan the student worship services of LCC in consultation with the Student Ministry staff and Worship Arts planning team.
- Direct all student worship activities and rehearsals as necessary.
- Introduce our student worship teams to worship training provided by other ministries, books, and conferences.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Worship PastorGeneration Church
- Mesa, Arizona
- January 18
Director of Worship (Non-Traditional)Trinity United Methodist Church
- Columbus, Ohio
- January 17
Campus Worship Leader - part-timeMorning Star Church
- Dardenne Prairie, Missouri
- January 17
Director of Praise and Worship MusicWeddington United Methodist
- Weddington, North Carolina
- January 17
Traditional Music DirectorRidge United Methodist Church
- Munster, Indiana
- January 17
Lowcountry Community Church
We are a non-denominational church passionate about changing lives through the message of Jesus Christ. We are home to people of all ages, nationalities, and backgrounds, and a place where all are welcome to come meet with Jesus.More...