We are searching for a creative and competent graphic designer than can effectively communicate our vision in a variety creative mediums. This person will be responsible for enhancing and maintaining our ability to graphically communicate via our print media, digital media, and our online media.
Below is the actual job description. Please read through this, and if you are interested in applying please include a link to an online portfolio. We firmly believe and feel called to 'make disciples'; this position will empower the various ministries at FBCH to reach that goal.
First Baptist Church of Harvester (FBCH)
Job Title: Graphics Design and Communications Manager
Department: Worship and Communications
Reports To: Worship and Communications Pastor
FLSA Status: Full-Time, Exempt
SUMMARY: The person in this position will be responsible for the development and implementation of electronic and written communication for FBCH. This will include support of publicity, promotion, and branding for our larger church and its various ministries.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Create series specific graphics for use in various mediums.
- Create general publicity for the various ministries at FBCH as needed.
- Assist in creating and implementing all other graphic needs.
- Assist in creating and implementing video elements.
- Oversee church-wide written communication.
- Attend all relevant meetings.
- Recruit, train, and oversee volunteers for various roles in supporting the visual media ministry.
- Be knowledgeable of ethical and safe practices that minimize the church’s liability.
- Oversee the required billing and other payments involved for the creation of media elements.
- Provide resources, documentation, and communication for leadership as directed.
- Assist in developing the annual budget for communications within the worship ministry and oversee the day-to-day stewardship of assigned ministry budgets.
- A believer in Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior.
- Able to affirm the beliefs outlined in the Baptist Faith and Message 2000.
- Ongoing desire and effort to grow more Christ-like in character.
- Desire to continuously learn and serve others.
- Caring heart and desire to help heal those who are hurting and broken.
- Ability to discern needs and respond appropriately, sensitively and proactively.
- Honest, trustworthy, generally high integrity.
- Appreciation for own and others giftedness.
- Able to keep high level of confidentiality.
- Strong listener.
Skills and Talents:
- Proficient and growing knowledge of video editing software.
- Proficient and growing knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite.
- Ability and willingness to become proficient in additional creative software.
- Knowledgeable concerning relevant legal and ethical issues related to the position.
- Possess very strong oral and written communication skills.
- Able to multi-task and maintain composure under pressure.
- Begin and end projects within reasonable timeframe.
- Self-starter needing minimal supervision.
- Works well with others and as part of a team.
- Energized by non-routine assignments.
- Creative and innovative.
- Work within budget parameters.
- Align with organizational vision, goals, values, and policies.
- Proficient with current technology and communication tools.
- Minimum 5 years experience in a related church staff position.
- Significant experience developing and leading volunteers and teams.
EDUCATION: Additional Education/Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent experience.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This position requires sitting and viewing a computer monitor for extended periods of time, manual dexterity, bending, stooping, walking, reaching, occasional moderate lifting (up to 40 pounds), good hearing, voice control and good vision. The noise level and the work environment are usually moderate.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive; the position will include other duties as assigned by the employee’s supervisor verbally or in writing.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Communications DirectorIngleside Baptist Church
- Macon, Georgia
- January 13
Creative Arts / Communications DirectorCornerstone Christian Fellowship
- Chandler, Arizona
- January 11
Communications Directorthe Journey at First Baptist Orange City
- Orange City, Florida
- January 11
Video ProducerFellowship Bible Church
- Roswell, Georgia
- January 10
Chief Video EditorThe Watchman Show
- Washington, District of Columbia
- December 30
First Baptist Church Harvester
At Harvester we sum up everything we are in three words: Worship. Love. Go. We believe that we are called to worship God, love those around us, and to go into our community and the world to share the love of God. More...