Community United Methodist Church in Irwin, Pennsylvania has an immediate opening for a full time Director of Youth Ministries (DYM). Community Church is a growing church with a variety of youth ministries. We are praying for a candidate whose life evidences
a deep, solid faith and commitment to Christ. This individual will be charged with building a team of youth leaders that exemplify the mission of Community Church: "To know Christ and share Christ with others." The DYM will be responsible for developing
and providing leadership for the spiritual education, bible study, service, missions, fellowship, recreation, and social ministry programs for youth and young adults, grades 6-12. Currently 50+ teens meet weekly for a time of worship and fellowship. A praise
band provides inspiration for their worship.
QUALIFICATIONS OF CANDIDATE
-Loves the Lord and lives a life that demonstrates the convictions of a mature faith.
-Loves the Church as evidenced by faithful attendance at worship services and fellowship activities.
-A history of positive interaction with youth, youth leaders and families.
-Good administrative skills to develop and lead ministry teams.
-Has demonstrated spiritual gifts in the areas of Leadership and Teaching.
-Good communication skills in all forms of media.
-Demonstrated skills in organization, budgeting and planning.
-Must have current Act 34 & 151 Clearances (Community United Methodist Safe Sanctuary training will be required prior to taking the position).
-A working knowledge of the Bible as evidenced by formal training or documented Bible Study classes.
-A college degree with relevant coursework in youth and adolescent development and/or have extensive life experience in the area of youth work.
-A knowledge of a variety of secular and contemporary Christian Music trends with musical ability, a plus but not essential.
-A willingness to work within United Methodist policy and organization.
KEY MINISTRY RESPONSIBILITIES
-Be or become a visible participant in the life of Community Church and the Youth activities of the local school districts and community.
-The DYM will individually and with a team of youth leaders provide regular opportunities for youth to:
1. Receive Christ as their personal Savior and Lord.
2. Learn how to pray and develop a life of prayer.
3. Learn how to develop a personal devotional life including regular Bible study.
4. Learn how to participate in small groups as part of a commitment to spiritual accountability.
5. Learn how to live a life of service to the church and to the community.
6. Learn how to share their faith with others and become disciples.
-The DYM will be responsible for the recruitment, training and nurturing of adults to facilitate CUMC Youth Ministry.
-The DYM will be responsible for building teams to oversee the planning and implementation of youth programs according to the needs of the youth, including the following:
1. Outreach and community service projects
2. Regular fellowship activities
3. RegularBible study programs
4. Regular worship opportunities geared toward the youth specifically
5. Participation in District and Annual Conference events6. Special events such as summer work trips, winter camp retreats
7. Participation in the CUMC Confirmation program
8. Active support of the local high school Bible Clubs and other community youth organizations or ministries
9. Develop a regular method of communication with and for the youth.
-The DYM will attend regular staff meetings of Community Church and report to Church Council on a monthly basis.
-The DYM will be open to minister to youth who are part of other faith communities.
-The DYM will act as a liaison between the youth and the other members of the congregation, will serve as an advocate for the youth, and will work toward their full involvement in all aspects of the church, including worship services. The DYM will communicate
closely with the Sunday School Teachers to inform them of CUMC Youth Activities.
-DYM will be expected to enhance skills as a youth director by attending training and workshops periodically.
-The DYM is responsible for assuring Safe Sanctuary compliance as it relates to the appropriate staffing and supervision of all youth activities.
-The DYM is responsible for the development and administration of the youth program budget as approved by Church Council.
Interested candidate should send resume and cover letter to:
Community United Methodist Church
3487 Route 130
Irwin, PA 15642
or email: email@example.com