We are a Bible based children's ministry with a vision to own and operate children's group homes in Arizona. Currently we own 2 homes and intend to add more. We will provide individualized attention to each child. We have heard several case managers say
that some of the current group homes do not meet the emotional, behavior and developmental needs of the individual child. Children living in some of these current group homes are not getting the individual attention that they need. In addition, several members
of the public are starting to observe that the children living in group homes are being heavily medicated. It is our intent to provide the individual attention that these children really need in a family atmosphere and also provide them with a sense of purpose.
Our goal is to provide an atmosphere where the child can thrive without being over medicated.
The right person for this job will have a desire to meet the needs of these children and help us put feet to our vision.
Location: Phoenix/Scottsdale, Arizona
Salary Position/full time
The Program Director will be responsible for assisting in development, implementation, and supervision of a Child Welfare Agency Group Home's programs and services.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
Bachelor Degree in Social Work or related area of study from an accredited school and 2 years experience in a child welfare or child care services field;
Master's Degree in Social Work or related area of study from an accredited school and 1 year experience in a child welfare or child care services field.
Related area of study can be a Degree as a Youth Minister or other Ministry Degree such as Missions.
Other areas of study can be Education or other degree related to child development.
Experience in child welfare or child care services can be a licensed foster parent or a child care giver.
A Bachelor Degree in Youth Ministry from an accredited college with at least 2 years of being a licensed foster parent will meet the minimum requirements.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assisting in program development, implementation, and supervision
- Supervision of agency staff
- Provide administrative oversight of program
- Have a good knowledge of the Bible, love the Savior and have an active, growing relationship with Him!
- Must have a passion for helping children, specifically disadvantaged youth; as well as a desire to help guide and support a team of staff who also share that passion and vision
- Be a Christian role-model for both the children and the staff, on and off the job
- Possess a valid driver's license and be insurable under the agency's automobile policy
- Must be computer literate and organized
- Must be able to provide DPS fingerprint clearance and background check
- Must be able to meet training and agency compliance requirements for the position
- May be required to travel for program and agency required meetings
- Must be able to communicate and work well with others
- Ability to effectively communicate in the English language, bilingual would be a plus
- Ability to interact well with various levels of staff
- Able to work within a team environment with flexibility
- Certification in CPR and basic first aid (or willingness to be certified when hired)