We are a Bible based children's ministry with a vision to own and operate children's group homes in Arizona. Currently we own 2 homes and intend to add more. We will provide individualized attention to each child. We have heard several case managers say
that some of the current group homes do not meet the emotional, behavior and developmental needs of the individual child. Children living in some of these current group homes are not getting the individual attention that they need. In addition, several members
of the public are starting to observe that the children living in group homes are being heavily medicated. It is our intent to provide the individual attention that these children really need in a family atmosphere and also provide them with a sense of purpose.
Our goal is to provide an atmosphere where the child can thrive without being over medicated.
The right person for this job will have a desire to help children and help us put feet to our vision.
Music students seeking college degree are encouraged to apply.
Location: Phoenix/Scottsdale, Arizona
Part time salary position
- Lead, organize and develop a music team for a children's ministry (the children will be the congregation; however, our goal is to eventually include the children in singing to bless other people)
- Develop new music ministry for the worship service on Friday nights and Saturday morning
- Flexible with time on Friday evening
- Meet regularly as scheduled with the music team
- Have the ability to organize and play selected songs from praise and worship leaders like Robin Mark and Travis Cottrell
- Have the ability to manage a team of musicians who can play several different instruments like Robin Mark plays in his music
- Have the knowledge and ability to use computer generated music
- Make recommendations for the purchase of musical sound equipment and music software
- Overall knowledge of current music technologies
- Lead and inspire a team of staff and volunteers to deliver meaningful, intentional and beautiful music
- There is no requirement to "lead" people into worship. Hopefully, you can sing but if you can't that's okay. We will do the leading and find someone who can sing. We need someone who is a real musician and can re-produce music like Robin Mark and others.
We are open to suggestions on other meaningful music.
- Experience as a praise and worship leader is not necessary
- Well organized with attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and responsibly
- Must be able to provide DPS fingerprint clearance and background check
- Our goal for this children's ministry music is to create change in an established culture of bland, meaningless, 4 sentence songs. Some of the songs sang in church today take far longer to sing than it took to write them. We do want simple sing a long
songs, old hymns, and songs from the above mentioned worship leaders. However; what we do not want is to sing the same line over and over for 20 minutes.