Church Office Administrative Assistant
Are you friendly, organized, efficient with social media, skilled in basic graphic design via Publisher-Adobe-Illustrator-InDesign, and creative with Media Shout, Key note and Propresenter? Do you have good people skills and a love for God’s church?
If you can answer yes to these questions, Oak Hills Evangelical Covenant Church may be your next place of employment. We are looking for an office administrator who is a team player, skilled specifically in these areas.
Job Description/Responsibilities: 20 hours a week; (up to $15.00 an hour, based on experience and skill)
(Must be able to work up to 30 hrs. a week when needed. Church Office Closed on Sundays.)
- Cover all open office hours, 4 hours a day, Mon. - Fri..
(These hours are flexible, but must be consistent Monday through Friday).
- Administrative Support to Staff (The ability to handle confidential information responsibly, overall support needs to all staff, specific support to Pastors via Sermon database organization, posting of sermons on-line, organization
of office & hospitality needs, and general administrative support)
- Sunday ready: Power-point/Key Note/Propresentor/Media Shout, Worship Folder
(Work within Photoshop/InDesign/Illustrator templates), small group Weekly Homework (Homework content provided), information table and rack supplied, Reminders to Sunday Helpers, Lay Leaders and Teachers …)
- Continual and Developmental Social Media Updates and Presence
- Church Website & Directory Updates (templates provided)
- Ongoing Church Communication via emails, website calendars, blogs, newsletters, phone calls and overall content distribution…
- Maintain Office, Church and Hospitality Supplies
- Church Calendar and Room/Event Reservations
- Church Filing & Church Database: Servant Keeper
- Church Assimilation: welcome letters, phone calls, etc.…
- Overall Organization and Communication of Small Groups
- Organize Special Events (potluck organization, church field trips and ministry events)
- Graphic Design (templates are provided)
(position answers to the Sr. Pastor and supports all ministry leaders)
- A Heart for God and His Church
- Experience in Administrative Office Responsibilities (I.e. Microsoft Word, PC & Mac, and weekly printing)
- Good People Skills & Strong Communicator
- Follow-through with given goals and projects
- Team Player: Consistently supportive and flexible when necessary
If you are interested in joining our staff, please email Marilyn Williams your resume and cover letter, firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include a brief statement as to why you would like this responsibility and how you specifically fit our needs.