Pastor of Worship
The pastor of worship shall lead the congregation in their journey to be worshipers and in their efforts to see others become worshipers of the true and living God.
- A growing and deepening faith in Jesus Christ and the ability to communicate this to others.
- Creates an environment that is conducive for worship and inspires people to respond to God.
- Possesses godly character with a servant’s heart and leadership gifts.
- The ability to articulate and model a biblical theology and philosophy of ministry.
- A team player who agrees with the doctrinal position of the church and embraces the vision of the church.
- The ability to work with diverse people at a high level and communicate effectively.
- A creative person who is willing to try new things and utilize other’s gifts, skills, and abilities so that God is glorified.
- A degree in music, ministry, or comparable professional experience.
- A proven track record of administrative and organizational experience, which includes the leadership and supervision of staff and volunteers, effective team building and group process.
- The ability to attend to details, as well as follow projects, ideas and needs through to completion.
- Knowledge of and appreciation for a broad spectrum of musical styles.
- Strong stage presence and vocal ability.
- Strength on a leading instrument (guitar or piano).
- Manifests a healthy attention to work/family balance, personal spiritual disciplines, and times of rest and recreation.
- The Worship Pastor will work with the preaching pastors to craft services that move people from their world of cares to the God who cares for them.
- The Worship Pastor will seek to craft services that focus on God and challenge people to embrace God’s mission.
- The Worship Pastor will lead by example with excellence and humility.
- The Worship Pastor will choose songs, readings, drama, prayers, and meditations that help the congregation in their spiritual journey.
- The Worship Pastor will recruit, build, and resource teams who work well together and enjoy each other as they lead the congregation in worship.
- The Worship Pastor will oversee the weekly practices and coach team members and leaders.
- The Worship Pastor’s role is to show how, why, and who to worship.
- The Worship Pastor inspires others not primarily by their charisma but by the content of their character and their personal walk with God. They are people of personal and theological integrity (depth).
- The Worship Pastor recognizes their role as a shepherd who seeks to nurture and train those entrusted to their care.
- The Worship Pastor understands they are a developer of disciples as well as gatekeepers of talent and gifts.
- The Worship Pastor sees their ministry as part of a team that seeks to accomplish the church’s vision. They enjoy being part of church life and will participate in all church activities.
- The Worship Pastor will work closely with the technical team to ensure quality of staging, sound, lighting, and projection.
- The Worship Pastor will prepare and be accountable for the worship budget. They will ensure that the church fulfills its appropriate responsibilities in use of software and music licensing.
- As gifted, they will fulfill other responsibilities as assigned by the Senior Pastor.
To start the process we would like a cover letter with your resume and a video link of you leading worship. Please contact email@example.com.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Director of WorshipTrinity Evangelical Presbyterian Church
- Florence, South Carolina
- December 5
Worship LeaderFirst United Methodist Church of Slidell
- Slidell, Louisiana
- December 2
Worship Leader/DirectorDetroit Church
- Midtown Detroit, Michigan
- December 2
Modern Service Worship Leader (231711)Private Profile
- USA South , Texas
- December 2
Worship PastorChurch of the Way
- Auburn, Georgia
- December 1