Suburban Bible Church is a Christ-centered, increasingly diverse family, passionate about God’s Word, Prayer and Kingdom living, we are located in the Northwest Indiana region but reaching out to the world.
Our mission is to help others to know Christ, to grow in Christ, and to serve in His name.
Suburban Bible is located in Highland Indiana, approximately 40 minutes from downtown Chicago IL, in the Northwest region of Indiana. DESCRIPTION OF PLUSSES… Near Lake Michigan, Indiana Dunes, Downtown Chicago, Museums, Sports Teams, near Moody Bible Institute,
1 hour from Michigan Beaches.
Job Description and Duties
- A sincere, transparent, growing follower of Jesus Christ with a passion for reaching this generation with the Gospel.
- Develop a strategic discipleship plan that will meet the needs of growing High School and Middle School Christian students
- A passion for individual discipleship and the ability to train others to do the same
- Relational— loves being among students— knowledgeable of current issues, likes/dislikes/, schools, etc.
- Be a presence within the church and the community by being involved within the community, the students’ schools, and their extracurricular activities
- Provide serving opportunities for young people to minister to others
- Provide engaging, relevant, and biblically sound messages as part of the discipleship strategy.
- Recruit, Interview, Train and Enrich the Volunteers of SBC Student Ministries
- Communicate to parents on a systematic basis
- Provide opportunities for parents to develop and connect
- Share appropriate general pastoral duties at the church and any other task assigned
- Must meet the qualifications set forth in I Timothy 3, Titus 1
- Maintain God ordained priorities in your life by putting Jesus Christ first
Job Skills & Requirements
- Master’s Degree or Undergraduate degree with experience
- Experience in leading a vibrant student ministry
- Under the leadership of the Senior Pastor, be able to cast and implement vision that supports the Mission, Vision and Values of
Suburban Bible Church
- Excellent verbal, written, and leadership skills
- Teachable spirit and the ability to work with others and prevent/resolve conflict
- Ability to lead his team of volunteers
- Teachable, proactive, and self-motivated; able to work with little supervision yet able to work effectively with teams of volunteers and peers
- Must love and desire to pastor teenagers and their parents who will have varied backgrounds, personalities, and spiritual journeys
Please provide audio and/or video of a sample message, cover letter, and resume to Sheryl Georgas at email@example.com.
To find out more about us please visit www.suburbanbible.org