Purpose of Ministry
• The Minister of Church Operations superintends the areas of finance, human resources, administration, facilities, and legal affairs.
• The Minister of Church Operations is also responsible for overseeing the accomplishment of the church’s mission and vision as determined by the Senior Pastor and church leadership.
• Administration and/or supervision of the financial functions of the church, including cash flow oversight, budget preparation, budget oversight, benevolence, banking, financing, investments, and insurance.
• Administration and oversight of contributions, including record-keeping, normal tithes and offerings, and management of legacy gifts and gifts of other assets.
• Administration and oversight of human resources including payroll, taxes, health insurance, retirement and other benefits, and record-keeping.
• Supervision of the maintenance and operation of computer, information and communication systems.
• Maintenance of official documents, including minutes of Governing Board and Elders, By-Laws, and policy and procedure documents.
• Administration and fulfillment of Governing Board, Elder, and staff actions.
• Management of TVC facilities, including events calendar, maintenance oversight, technical resources, furniture, repairs and improvements, safety, and communication with TVC and Shell Point staff.
• Liaison between TVC and SPRC regarding construction, repair, and improvement projects.
• Oversight of legal affairs, including the establishment and execution of contracts.
• Facilitation of the strategic planning process, including review of mission, vision and core values, and the development and execution of strategic objectives and initiatives.
• Leadership of building programs, including capital fund raising, master planning, architectural and interior design coordination, and oversight of contractors.
• Oversight of employee benevolent needs in conjunction with the Employee Chaplain.
Education and Experience
• 10-15 years of experience as senior leader in corporate environment (church or business).
• Bachelors or Masters degree in business, management, or a related field.
• Degree or study in biblical or theological studies is desired though not required.
• Proven track record of effective leadership and judgment consistent with biblical values.
• Character commensurate with church leadership as described in 1 Timothy 3 and Titus 1.
• Servant-leader temperament.
• Strong interpersonal skills, with ability to communicate patiently, compassionately, and clearly, both orally and in writing.