The Westfield Evangelical Free church is a growing church located in a small city of 40,000 people in Western Massachusetts. Ten miles to the east is the city of Springfield and ten miles to the west are the Berkshire mountains. The church
is celebrating it's 34th year and recently moved into a new Worship Center with a seating capacity of 620. The church is healthy, growing, and looking forward with much enthusiasm to the future.
Presently, the church has an average Sunday morning attendance of 475, with three full-time Pastors, one part-time Pastor, and a part-time Director of Children's Ministries and Administrative Assisitant Our present search is for a full-time
Pastor of Church Life to replace our part-time Pastor who is retiring. The application process will close at the end of May 2015.
It will be our pleasure to connect with an experienced individual who loves the Lord and has a passion for family ministry. He should be an experienced disciplemaker with good communication and organizational skills.
Pastor of Church Life
The Pastor of Church Life is responsible for the cultivation of a healthy church community and the equipping of the Body to make disciples who are complete in Christ. He is accountable to the Lead Pastor
and the Elder Board.
- Exemplify an established Christian character and lifestyle as set forth in I Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus 1:5-9.
- Be in agreement with the Statement of Faith of WEFC and willing to abide by its Constitution and By-Laws.
- Have a ministerial license and certificate of ordination or be willing to obtain one through the Evangelical Free Church of America.
- Possess a Master’s degree in Divinity, Biblical Studies, or similar field and a minimum of 5 years of experience in church ministry.
- Be a proven leader with skills in team-building, training, and pastoral care.
- Display excellent teaching skills and a demonstrated competency in communicating the Word of God.
- Oversee the implementation and development of discipleship in the church through small groups and other means.
- Minister with the pastoral staff in providing care and support through visitation, counseling, training, teaching, and preaching.
- Serve as a member of the Board of Elders.
- Be willing to assume additional responsibilities as the growth and ministry of the church necessitate.
- The Pastor of Church Life is a full time position for an indefinite period of time.
- A salary commensurate with experience will be provided, along with health insurance, retirement contributions, and other benefits.