CHILDREN'S MINISTRY DIRECTOR
Department: Children’s Ministries
Location: High Point Church, Madison, WI
Job Title: Children’s Ministries Director
Reports to: Director of Serve & Outreach
The Children’s Ministries Director is responsible for the development and implementation of the vision, strategy and tactical elements for all programs, activities and educational aspects related to Children’s Ministry at High Point Church (HPC). This person
must possess strong interpersonal skills to effectively lead children and volunteers and work along side parents and the HPC staff. Specifically, the Children’s Ministries Director is responsible for Sunday School (Nursery-5th grade), Awana, Summer Outreach,
and childcare at select congregational meetings.
COMPETENCIES & EXPECTATIONS:
- Passion for ministry to children and seeing both parents and children grow in the faith.
- Demonstrated skill at recruiting and motivating volunteers.
- Growing relationship with Jesus Christ evidenced by action, attitude, and behavior.
- Ability to fully embrace the mission, vision, values, and statement of faith at High Point Church.
- Good understanding of Christian theology.
- Strong listening and oral communication skills.
- Proven expertise in administration.
- Reliable, trustworthy, self starter, and excellent at following through on details.
- Possess the ability to embrace innovation and creativity while adapting to growth and change.
- Possess the ability to use appropriate judgment, discretion, sensitivity, and confidentiality.
- Proven leadership skills utilizing a cooperative, collaborative team leadership style.
- Possessing strong interpersonal skills with the ability to maintain healthy and motivating relationships with supervisors, coworkers, and volunteers.
- Possess the ability to understand and to keep current on issues related to safety and security resulting in the implementation of associated activities and safeguards.
- Proven ability to achieve results.
- Good at negotiating disagreement and adaptable in responding to setbacks and obstacles.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- To provide leadership for the Children’s Ministries (CM) department.
- Helps to develop and implement the vision for children’s ministries in collaboration with the Senior Pastor and Director of Serve & Outreach.
- Provides strategic leadership and planning initiatives for the department in line with the HPC Vision & Mission.
- Trains CM part-time assistant and volunteers.
- Provides spiritual care and encouragement for children, parents and volunteers.
- Responsible for CM budget and oversight.
- Oversees the selection and implementation of curriculum.
- Continue development of necessary processes for effective CM operations (e.g. check-in).
- Continue development of communication plans to keep staff, volunteers and parents informed.
- Responsible for all staffing and recruiting of volunteers.
- Develop and implement all safety and security processes for CM in cooperation with the church’s safety and security team.
- Oversee and implement all programing for CM.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree Required, Masters Degree Preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years commensurate experience.
- Reports to Director of Serve & Outreach.
- Supervises part-time children’s ministry staff.
- Oversees all children’s ministries and volunteer leaders.
- Works alongside all other ministry staff.
About High Point Church
High Point Church is a congregationally governed, elder led, independent evangelical protestant church in the Baptist tradition and leans toward reformed theology and emphasizes Gospel-centeredness. We seek to be seeker intelligible, but focus on spiritual
growth and utilize expositional preaching about 85% of the time. HPC has a strong global missions ministry focusing on university missions and unreached peoples in 'inaccessible' nations. It is a down to earth, but exciting place to be with all generations
healthily represented. You can learn more about the church at www.highpointchurch.org
About Madison, Wisconsin
Interested candidates should do research on the city of Madison before applying. Madison is a very specific kind of town- a state capital, university center, politically volatile, deeply secular, yet with a strong Christian minority. It is a highly
educated city that is fiercely proud, highly unionized and yet embraces its rural farming, state-wide identity. It is quintessentially Midwestern in culture. It is Liberal, but in a very different way than in other parts of the country. Make sure you are willing
to love this city, not just this church.
Send resume and cover letter to email@example.com.