Children’s ministry needs to be the front door for our church. We are going to build a culture where parents, volunteers, and staff all work together to help each other raise kids who love Jesus, love each other, and serve like crazy. Not just one day
when they are older, but today. We believe our kids should know and love both Jesus and His words to us in the Bible. We have a tremendous volunteer team packed full of committed men and women who are showing kids Jesus’ love and truth every week. Our ministry
has been lead by a tandem team of directors who love their volunteers and the ministry deeply. But now, we need a capital L leader to take us to the next phase.
So where do you come in? Great question, here’s our list of non-negotiables:
- You have to have a life that bleeds the love of Jesus everyday.
- You know that being a Children’s Pastor is one of the most important staff positions we have, and that it’s a long-term commitment to build a community changing ministry.
- Two of your primary passions are learning to lead others better and investing in helping volunteers succeed at all the things you’re good at. Obviously, you’ll have no trouble proving this with your experience and track record.
- This isn’t your first rodeo leading a children’s ministry vocationally, and you’ve already had to learn the hard way that you’re a real success when you encourage, train, and set parents up to be the spiritual heroes in their kid’s lives.
- Kids are capable of far more depth spiritually than most people dream of. You know it and we know it, but our parents and volunteers need constant encouragement on how to creatively draw that passion for Jesus out of kids and families. You’ll come with
proven ideas on how to stretch and grow your volunteers and parents in this way.
- You love being a part of a staff team that genuinely works together. You believe that Lone Rangers make great movie characters and lousy pastors. You proactively look for feedback from others, and get excited when God grows and stretches you as part of
- There’s something about a small town that you love. Whether it’s the lack of a hundred retail stores, or the lack of crazy traffic, you’re not always sure. But being able to do as much ministry at Walmart and the softball field as you do on Sundays gets
you fired up.
- At the end of the day, you know that real success is when a kid, or a mom, or a dad fall madly in love with Jesus, run to His grace and forgiveness, and their lives get turned around in a beautiful way. For all the work and programming that we do (and
it’s a fair amount), it all boils down to that.
So what do we offer the rare individual this applies to?
- We will love you for who you are much more than what you do. Guaranteed. You can ask anyone on our staff.
- We will push you hard to live out the values of
- Keeping your relationship with Jesus vital and growing FIRST.
- Building into your family and loving them deeply SECOND.
- Building an unbelievable, creative, powerhouse of a Children’s Ministry THIRD
- We will take care of you and your family with all of our ability financially, socially, spiritually, emotionally, and physically. We will leverage everything in our hands to make sure you are growing in all of these areas. We will work tirelessly to be
sure that your family feels just as loved and included in the life of the church as you do.
- We will resource your ministry to get it where God is calling it to go. When the resources aren’t at hand, we will pray until God provides.
- We will challenge you personally as a leader, build into you as a pastor, and stretch you as a team member. A lot of the time it might be a little uncomfortable. You will never doubt that we love you through the whole process.
You can find all of our core values, our statement of faith, our ministries, staff, and more on our website (www.shelbychurch.org). Do some Facebook research on all of us, check out our Vimeo page to see our stories (https://vimeo.com/shelbychurch),
and then pray like crazy. After all of that, if you sense that God is pushing you, drop us a letter. Start it with “I’m the right person to lead the Children’s Ministry at SCC because …” and then let loose with all your dreams, passion, experience, values,
and beliefs. You can include your resume, but it’s the letter we’re most interested in first.
NOTE: If you aren’t sure if this is you, hold off on sending us a letter till you know for sure. You’re being picky about where you want to invest your life. We respect that. We’re being really picky about who we partner with to invest
in our kids and families.