Working under the leadership of the Lead Pastor of this multi-site church, the Campus Pastor provides overall leadership for a specific campus of Crossroads Community Church. He functions as the embodiment and primary communicator of the Lead Pastor’s vision at the local level. The Campus Pastor is responsible for leading other leaders on the campus, whether they are paid or volunteer.
The Campus Pastor’s job description is most easily summarized in one word (leadership) applied in four areas:
- Leading themselves and their family
- Leading their leadership team
- Leading their campus
- Leading their weekend experience
Reports To: Lead Pastor
- Proven leadership ability
- Successful experience in leading people, preferably in a ministry setting
- Excellent communication, problem solving and people skills
- Spirit Filled – a mature believer (Assemblies of God affiliation)
- Bachelor’s Degree in field of Christian ministry
- Spiritual Gifts should include: Leadership, Discernment, Encouragement, Teaching
- Gifting for leading worship a plus
- General leadership of weekend service including oversight of the worship experience, children’s ministry, first impression activities and everything that happens on the campus during the weekend service.
- Maintain Crossroads level of quality in everything done on the weekends including the initial impression, worship experience, children’s ministry and facility/technology areas, etc.
- Recruit & train leaders (champions) for each ministry area.
Leadership & development of all volunteer & paid staff.
- Building of all ministry teams necessary for quality ministry. Teams including Hospitality, Technical, Kidzlink Children’s Ministry, Crave Student Ministries, Worship, Facilities and others as campus needs dictate.
- Ensure that spiritual growth occurs among campus attenders – through Life Groups, Next Steps, New Believers groups, and a growing, dynamic small group ministry.
- Develop and implement a variety of outreach strategies that serve the community and result in a regular stream of first time guests to the campus.
- Encourage campus participation in the Mission through prayer, giving, and participation in short term mission outreach events.
- Pastoral care of local campus. Pastoral care includes counseling, prayer, hospital visitation when needed, weddings, funerals, baby dedications, and any other opportunities to care for the needs of the people.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Pastor to MenCompass Church
- Salinas, California
- October 20
Associate Campus PastorJourney Church
- Boynton Beach, Florida
- October 18
Family PastorEssential Church
- Virginia Beach, Virginia
- October 18
West Campus PastorCalvary Church
- St. Peters, Missouri
- October 18
PastorOpen Door Ministries
- Long Beach, California
- October 17
Crossroads Community Church
We are a 1,000+ multi-site Church in Northwest Illinois seeking a pastor for one of our seven sites. We are a Full Gospel community of believers with a passion for loving outreach and devoted Christian discipleship. Candidates we prayerfully consider will have at least 7 years of proven pastoral ministry and a love for rural/town ministry. This church is established and poised for a dynamic season of continued growth and Gospel impact within the community and region. Experience within a multi-site model is preferred.More...