Worship Pastor Posting
We believe that God has called us to help bring transformation to rural communities for the cause of Jesus Christ. As a multi-site church with 7 campuses in the Northern Illinois-Southern Wisconsin area, we are passionate about working together in reaching
and serving people who live in a rural context with the message of the Gospel.
We are currently looking for a full-time Worship Pastor to grow with us at our Freeport Campus location.
Our musical style for our weekend services embraces variety for praise and worship of our loving, redeeming Lord.
If you have a passion for engaging people in Spirit-led worship services that direct people into life-changing encounters with God and His people, you may be the person we are looking for!
- A Spirit-led follower of Jesus Christ with a passion for worship and a clear calling to Crossroads.
- Possess instrumental, vocal and musical talent with a gift of leading others into Christ-centered worship.
- Education requirements: Undergraduate music degree; Masters preferred.
- Proven excellence in leadership of congregational worship. Will lead others into worship by being a ‘lead worshiper’.
- Must have a high level of connectivity with the Lead Pastor as well as the heart to develop and maintain a worship culture within the church.
- Demonstrated ability to develop spiritual leadership, to train/equip volunteers, to build teams and to multiply and mobilize individuals in ministry. Skilled in administrating a growing a multi-faceted ministry.
- A multi-tasking team player with a positive attitude, high energy and strong interpersonal skills.
- Creative in service and program design, able to draw the best out of creative people.
Fully comfortable with all aspects of cutting edge technology related to worship and communication (sound, lighting, video, etc.).
You will be:
- Responsible for planning, organizing and spiritually leading multiple worship experiences on weekends and other events as needed.
- Planning, organizing and evaluating with Lead Pastor the weekend worship experiences.
- Responsible for other leadership responsibilities as determined by Lead Pastor.
- Training and equipping future worship leaders
- Work with the worship leaders at our various campuses.
- This role will help fill a central support role for the entire church and help train other staff and volunteer worship leaders.
It would be great if:
- You are able to write music & create chord charts.
- Strong audio recording and editing skills.
*All resumes should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org along with a cover letter expressing why you would be a good fit for this position and links to videos of you leading worship. (Resumes without this may not be considered).