Thanks for taking the time to check out Heartland. When Heartland began in 1998, we spent time dreaming about the kind of church we would want to attend and be a part of… the kind of church where people have an authentic encounter with God and courageously follow Jesus’ leadership. A place where you can develop deep, caring relationships and use your life to make a difference in the world.
Every week we work hard to create that church—a church that people love to attend… where nobody’s perfect and everyone’s welcome. A place where you can explore what it means to follow Jesus and re-discover life.
*For more information about Heartland, Heartland Careers & Internships, and to apply- please visit our website at www.heartland.cc.
Position: Director of Groups
Department: Build Community
Status: Salaried & Exempt
Reports to: Director of Ministries
POSITION summary: The Director of Groups is responsible for helping people connect with others beyond the weekend service and build community that will help Heartlanders take the next step in their spiritual journey. The Director of Groups leads the Groups ministries through visioning, leadership, coaching and administration, working collaboratively with the Director of Ministries, Teaching team, as well as Groups teams.
- Contribute to Heartland’s overall mission to help people find and follow Jesus Christ.
- Commit to pursue full devotion to Jesus Christ by passionately loving Jesus, ruthlessly eliminating ego, courageously living in grace and truth, unconditionally trusting God and selflessly extending compassion. Regularly attend weekend services, participating in serving opportunities, regularly contributing financially to Heartland, and pursuing community.
- Understand that as an employee, I am accountable to the Elders.
- Commit to the Matthew 18 relational conflict resolution process in all relationships.
- Fulfill all the requirements of the Heartland Community Church Employee Handbook.
- *Help people grow in community at Heartland by continually envisioning and executing strategy for connecting Heartland attendees into groups.
- *Lead development of Groups ministry. Collaborate with Director of Ministries, Teaching team and Groups Coordinator to execute strategic implementation of the vision for groups.
- *Execute all objectives with the goal of building momentum towards Groups as the integral community for Heartland attenders.
- *Develop Groups as the primary conduit through which Heartlanders experience church-wide initiatives and serving opportunities.
- *Be the face of the Groups ministry to Heartland at-large, speaking on the main stage promoting Groups when asked by the Leadership team.
- Build and oversee a team to serve as advisors over the vision for Groups.
- Manage the tension of holding high the value of message based discussion while empowering leaders to make curriculum decisions that are in the best interest of their group.
- Develop and execute a relational system from which to provide ongoing support for group leader’s spiritual development and skills development.
- Develop and execute strategy for recruiting Group leaders.
Leadership & Administration
- *In all functions, promote a passion for people building community at Heartland.
- *Ensure logistical support strategy for all aspects of Groups including but not limited to: location, curriculum and content.
- Develop and lead a team who meet regularly with leaders to equip, encourage and support.
- *Inspire all Heartland attenders to connect in a group and assist them in identifying appropriate next steps to do so.
- Develop and execute a system for moving unconnected Heartlanders into groups.
- *Coach Groups leaders on appropriate content and curriculum for their particular group’s interests and needs.
- Inspire Heartlanders to form groups of their unchurched friends.
- *Build and lead a team responsible for creating message-based discussion questions. Coordinate with teaching team in development of message based curriculum.
- *Write and produce regular communication for the leaders and hosts, working closely with the Groups Coordinator.
Training & Assessment
- *Develop and execute a regular rhythm of training and development of group leaders, as agreed upon with Director of Ministries.
- *Develop and execute a system of feedback to determine health of groups.
- Celebrate and provide encouragement to new and existing leaders through verbal and written communication, one-on-one meetings and in workshop/training sessions.
- Report monthly on the overall health and effectiveness of group’s ministry, including agreed upon data requested by Director of Ministries.
* indicates primary essential functions
- Proven ministry experience.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively in writing and in-person.
- Follower of Jesus Christ.
- Willingness to complete the Child Protective Program process.
**The above is intended to describe the general content and requirements of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Pastor, Adult Groups - Reservoir CampusPinelake Church
- Brandon, Mississippi
- January 16
Pastor, Adult Groups - Madison CampusPinelake Church
- Madison, Mississippi
- January 16
Student Communities PastorRock Point Church
- Queen Creek, Arizona
- January 11
Director of Disciple ConnectionsFaith Lutheran Church
- Flower Mound, Texas
- January 10
Connections PastorSunHills Church
- El Dorado Hills, California
- January 9