This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs like this one.
Crossroads Bible Church

Young Adult Director

Crossroads Bible Church
Bellevue, Washington, United States

Date Posted: 04/15/2015
Categories: Young Adult Pastor
Denominations: Bible Church
Church Size: 1501 to 2000
Job Type: Full-Time

Job Description:



Job Title: Young Adult Director




The purpose of the Young Adult Director is twofold.  The priority component (40%) will be The Young Adults Director (YAD) and the remaining (60%) will encompass other pastoral and administrative responsibilities in various ministries at CBC. The YAD is responsible for the overall vision, leading, and executing of a dynamic and growing ministry to young adults in accordance with the overall vision of CBC.  The other responsibilities include leading CBC’s Love where You Live evangelism strategy and will include working with other ministries as needs arise and time allows.



  • Provide an atmosphere where young adults will attend, feel welcome, and build community.
  • Teach/equip/disciple young adults into a growing relationship with Christ through: large group bible studies, community groups, workshops, and one-on-one mentoring. Develop strategies to communicate effectively to that particular age group.
  • Serve as the primary teacher for all facets for the Young Adults; accepting overall responsibility for the doctrine and teaching students receive and delegating this responsibility as appropriate and necessary.
  • Establish and grow an effective community group ministry, increasing the number of young adults actively involved in a small group.
  • Create new opportunities for Young Adults to worship, connect, and serve at CBC.
  • Assemble and lead Young Adult volunteer team of men and women.
  • Plan and execute fellowship and community events/activities for young adults such as a winter retreat, service projects, sporting events, etc.
  • Provide spiritual care/counsel and referrals for professional help for young adults at CBC.  
  • Actively participate in the life of CBC and maintain a positive and collaborative relationship with the elders and staff of the church.
  • Provide for effective administration of the YA ministry including budgetary and ministry planning


  • Directly accountable to the Family Pastor; accountable to the Evangelism Pastor for Love Where You Live or other Pastors for additional responsibilities with priority given first to YA, second to LWYL and any overall decisions by the Family Pastor
  • Attends weekly Pastor Minister Director meetings
  • Should attend meetings of the Elder Council.


  • A growing committed follower of Jesus Christ. He shall demonstrate or desire the qualifications of an elder as outlined in 1 Tim. 3 and Titus 1.
  • Willingness and ability to comply with and support all policies, procedures, and statements outlined in the Employee Handbook, position papers and other official documents created for CBC. 
  • Demonstrate a heart and passion for pastoral ministry.
  • Shall have graduated with a Bachelor’s degree.  An advanced degree in in biblical studies, seminary training, and/or in progress to complete is preferred but not required.
  • Flexibility in scheduled work hours based upon ministry responsibilities, events, and weekend services.
  • Shall have the ability to work effectively with lay staff/volunteers as well as with the parents of any students involved within the ministry
  • Shall demonstrate a commitment to goals, strategies, and doctrinal statements of Crossroads Bible Church
  • The ability to communicate effectively to that particular age group


  • Full-time, exempt, salaried


  • Salary as approved by Council of Elders. Includes housing allowance as appropriate.
  • Full benefits per CBC policy

If you choose not to apply through the "contact employer" button, please email only.  Do not email church staff (especially the Senior Pastor) with inquiries.  No phone calls please.