Mona Shores Baptist Church is located on the beautiful coast of Lake Michigan in Norton Shores. This historic church was started during the Great Depression with a vision of bringing the hope of Jesus to a hurting world. Today Mona Shores is a church of
200 with an attractive, debt free building that includes a great gym used to reach out to their community. In order to fulfill Jesus’ mandate of ‘making disciples’ for the glory of God, Mona Shores seeks to WIN
people to Christ, TRAIN believers to become disciples, and SEND disciples to impact the world. This church is poised spiritually, financially and strategically to expand its impact on the thousands of young families surrounding their church by hiring a full-time
associate pastor to lead this initiative.
This position’s target area of ministry is people ages birth to 25 years of age. Under the direction of the senior pastor and elders, he will have the right to develop his own programs and see those programs through to their conclusion. He will be encouraged
to develop and present new ideas and participate in various teams for the enrichment of the total church program.
1. Provide leadership for the training ministries of the church specifically for ages birth to age 25. This would include, but not be limited to, such areas as Sunday school, children’s ministries, youth ministries, young adult ministries.
2. Formulate and present to the leadership a strategy for the training ministries of the church that will produce faithful disciples of Christ ready to go and impact the world.
3. Develop strategies to effectively engage the congregation in achieving the mission.
4. Recruit and train workers who desire to participate in the mission.
5. Identify and implement ways to assist families in their spiritual growth through corporate and family worship.
6. Discover ways of encouraging families to reach out to our community for the purpose of winning people to Christ.
7. Evaluate and select curriculum effective in fulfilling the mission.
8. Hold regular meetings with teachers and volunteers for ongoing training, assessing of the strategy achievement and cultivating new ideas. Keep communication lines open at all times between himself and the congregation.
9. Participate in both Elder and Deacon meetings.
Initiate a middle school youth ministry
Connect with high school students and determine best approach for ministering to them
Begin review of current Sunday school and AWANA ministries and assess for increased effectiveness. This would include but not be limited to curriculum, teachers, teacher training, etc.
Get acquainted with all the members of the congregation
Get acquainted with the church leadership and how it functions
Preach at least 6 times during the year
Initiate a high school youth ministry
Continue to work with the middle school ministry and begin developing adult leaders to assist
Develop a system for transitioning children who are graduating from AWANA to middle school ministry
Present to the Elders an initial plan for increasing the effectiveness of Sunday school and AWANA
Work with the Elders to develop a strategy and implementation plan to more effectively reach younger families in the community
Preach once a month
Work with the Elders to determine the next steps to be taken as the Pastor of Family Ministries
1. To the Senior Pastor: he will work closely with the pastor, attend staff meetings called by the pastor and keep him informed on plans, problems, and other matters regarding the CE ministries. The pastor will be his immediate supervisor.
2. To the Elders: he will work directly with them on the development of his vision for the CE ministries and provide regular reports on his progress.
3. To the Council of Deacons: He will attend all meetings of the Council and report monthly on the activities and progress of the CE ministries. He will seek to connect with the deacons for the purpose of coordinating efforts for the total church ministry.
- A degree from an accredited college, Seminary degree preferred
- Minimum five years’ experience in a local church ministry