As a Weekend Lighting Engineer you will work on a team of skilled technical artists to support lighting and projection for Weekend and Midweek services, as well as yearly large events. Additional responsibilities include overseeing and maintaining lighting
systems for the Main Auditorium and Lakeside venues. The ideal candidate has a background in complex lighting setups, experience with projection and media servers, and a desire to support both using a broad set of skills.
- Weekly support of Weekend services through fixture and system setup, creative lighting use, routine maintenance, and contribution to creative projects
- Occasional operation as the Weekend Lighting Director
- Regular projection support of Weekend services including design, calculation, setup & rigging, and alignment of multiple projectors and surfaces. Also included is media server programming and occasional service operation.
- Routine maintenance, troubleshooting, and lighting systems support
- Weekly service execution as the Midweek Lighting Director including meetings, programming, execution, and occasional work supporting scenic design in the Lakeside auditorium.
- Support for multiple large events per year. Lighting responsibilities include complex data and power design, implementation, and troubleshooting. Also includes leading the setup and strike crew and contributing to projects. Projection responsibilities include
design, setup, and alignment, in addition to media server programming and operation.
- 2-3 years paid production experience, ministry background a plus
- Deep working knowledge of moving light consoles including GrandMA 1 & 2
- Knowledge of network based DMX systems
- Experience with large venue projectors including calculation, setup, and alignment
- Ability to learn programming and operation of media servers including D3, Pandora’s Box, and ProVideoPlayer
- Experience using CAD in a production environment, WYSIWYG background a plus
- Rigging and non-linear video editing experience a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, both in technical and non-technical environments
- Detail-oriented, highly technical but also creative, good communicator, good multi-tasking
If this sounds like you, please apply via our internal application linke here: https://home.eease.adp.com/recruit/?id=8739691
(you may need to copy and paste the link into your browser)
Please note that in order to be considered for this position, you MUST apply using our internal link above.