Shelter Cove Community Church
Job Description: Children’s Ministries Director
Department: Children’s Ministries
Location: Shelter Cove Community Church Modesto, Ca
Job Title: Children’s Ministries Director
Reports to: Executive Pastor
Job Description and Responsibilities:
The Children’s Ministries Director is responsible for the development and implementation of the vision, strategy and tactical elements for all programs, activities and educational aspects related to Children’s Ministry at Shelter Cove Church. Specifically,
the Children’s Ministries Director is responsible for week/ weekend services (Nursery-6th grade). Including but not limited to Awana, VBS, Special Needs Program and Childcare.
COMPETENCIES & EXPECTATIONS:
- Growing relationship with Jesus Christ evidenced by action, attitude, and behavior.
- Ability to fully embrace the vision, values, and statement of faith of Shelter Cove Community Church.
- Passion for ministry to children and seeing both parents and children grow in the faith.
- Reliable, trustworthy, self-starter, and excellent at following through on details.
- Leadership skills utilizing a cooperative, collaborative team leadership style.
- Ability to embrace innovation and creativity while adapting to growth and change.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to maintain healthy and motivating relationship with supervisors, coworkers, and volunteers.
- Ability to use appropriate judgment, discretion, sensitivity, and confidentiality.
- Ability to understand and keep current on issues related to safety and security resulting in the implementation of associated activities and safeguards.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- To provide leadership, oversee and implement all programming for Children’s Ministries and to the Children’s Ministries (CM) team.
- Help develop and fully implement the vision for children’s ministries.
- Ongoing recruitment of CM volunteers.
- Systematic scheduled training for CM volunteers to ensure effective ministry to children and families.
- Intentional planned encouragement and appreciation of CM staff and volunteers
- Maintain a strategy for reaching new children and families with an effective plan for assimilation.
- Offers pastoral care and encouragement of CM staff, volunteers and families.
- Develops processes necessary for effective CM operations (e.g.: check-in, follow-ups, family dedications, birthdays, etc.).
- Responsible for CM budget and financial oversight.
- Oversee the selection and implementation of relevant and engaging curriculum.
- Develop communication plans to keep staff, volunteers and parents informed.
- Manage communications between ministries that interact with CM.
- Develop and implement all safety and security processes for CM.
- Develop and coordinate family events (e.g.: fun activities, camps, classes, etc.) with the intent to reach and disciple families.
- Develop and implement a strategic plan for greeting/welcoming new and current families that visit CM.
- Develop Special Needs Ministry that embraces and supports children and families of those with special needs and those that have a heart to serve. Ministry would include implementation of a buddy system and special needs classes.
- Participation in monthly staff meetings.
- Execute and complete any/all other tasks that are assigned by Lead and Executive Pastor.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum of 5 years ministerial experience