The Youth Pastor will provide leadership and oversight to the Youth Ministry at Coastal. The Youth Pastor is expected to think strategically about the growth of the Youth Ministry both in numbers and depth, while maintaining relationships with students and
parents as well as developing and growing the adult volunteers within the ministry. The successful candidate will create and articulate the vision for expressions of the Youth Ministry (7-12th Grade) in the church and the community and will be able to work
collaboratively with the Head Pastor, staff, leadership (Elders/Trustees) and volunteers at Coastal. The Youth Pastor will have a genuine passion for reaching students in the surrounding community and will lead by inspiring high school students to a growing
relationship with Jesus Christ in a way that reflects the overall vision of Coastal. The Youth Pastor will establish the youth ministry where it is not seen as an isolated part of the ministries of the church, but one that is integrated into the regular functions
of the church (Sunday services, service/outreach ministries, etc).
The ideal candidate will possess a minimum of a bachelor’s degree in Theology/Ministry or at least three years of ministry experience. The successful candidate will be an energetic, relational leader and will have a proven track record of working in a setting
committed to reaching students and families with a high degree of innovation, recruitment, and retention. They will also have a history of success in creating a structure that disciples and grows students spiritually. Work history in high youth ministry leadership
is a must.
Characteristics we are looking for include:
• Loving those you serve and consistently honor people in the church and community.
• Passionate about youth ministry
• A sense of calling to youth ministry
• Commitment to the vision, policies and practices of Coastal Community Church.
• Effective oral and written skills to effectively communicate programs, expectations and biblical truths in age appropriate ways.
• Be able to use technologies, which would benefit ministry.
• Be creative and effective in managing multiple priorities and assignments.
• Be a team player.
Skills and responsibilities needed to be successful in this position include:
• Train & equip the Youth to be devoted followers of Jesus Christ
• Oversee and lead/teach the High School and Jr. High youth programs
• Recruit, train, and support volunteers in youth programs
• Coordinate and lead youth retreats, camps and service projects
• Coordinate monthly social events for the youth along with regular weekly programs
Applicants must be in agreement with our Beliefs and Const. & By-Laws which can be found on our website: http://coastalcommunity.net/what-we-believe/
Experience in youth ministry and/or education in youth ministry or theological training is desired. This is a full-time position and will operate under the guidance of the Senior Pastor.
Interested candidates can send their resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org