Pursuit, a 15 year old healthy church affiliated with Converge, is seeking a senior pastor due to the retirement of their loved pastor. The church building, which is mortgage free, is located close to the University of Central Florida in Orlando.
This is a relaxed, interactive multiethnic church, with 70+ attenders who have a high commitment to reformed theology. Pursuit’s vision is to disciple people in understanding the Word, putting their faith in action, reaching others with the gospel and knowing
God intimately—essentially preparing people for practical ministry. They are open to a new direction within the boundaries of their vision. As a church, they have a targeted strategy for reaching students, the elderly and couples.
The church’s non-negotiables for their next pastor are that he should be:
- Reformed in his theology (Pursuit agrees with the London Confession of Faith, meaning that the church is both reformed and baptistic)
- Skilled in preaching expository sermons that reflect his personal studies and life
- Able to equip believers in evangelism and discipleship
- Personally involved in sharing his faith
- Experienced in multicultural leadership
- A cessationist in beliefs concerning the supernatural gifts of the Spirit
- Committed to the elder-led model, which involves being part of a team of leaders
- Open to using the English Standard Version.
This church is complementarian, seeking only male candidates for this position. They would like someone with at least an M.Div, but are willing to consider someone who demonstrates the above characteristics even if he has not achieved this level of training.
For more information on the church, go to http://pursuitorlando.com. A fuller profile can be obtained from the contact person.
Contact Person: Dr. Steve Smith. Please send your resume to email@example.com.