To provide pastoral leadership to worship ministries meant to teach and inspire worship.
- Serve with Senior Pastor and Preaching Team to design and lead the Sunday services and special programs (holiday celebrations, etc.)
- Explore & develop innovative usage of creative arts
- Demonstrate generational and cultural sensitivity
- Participate in up-front leadership and communication responsibilities with pastoral staff
- Provide pastoral care and foster community for worship team members
- Champion a spirit of worship throughout Gateway Ministries.
- Recruit, train, and mentor volunteers (e.g. musicians, sound techs, visual arts)
- Develop worshippers and worship opportunities across all ages
- Build teams and their abilities
- Develop worship leaders
- Forge powerfully engaging, innovative, scripturally rich experiences that glorify God
- Oversee and coordinate the worship service and sub teams (musicians, technicians, artists, stage designers, worship producers).
- Effectively communicate between individuals involved in planning and executing services
- Organize and lead rehearsals
- Ensure upkeep of instruments and sound systems
- Strong believer of Jesus Christ with a heart for worship
- Servant and pastoral heart, natural leader
- Creative and administrative mix
- Ability to communicate vision and direction in an inspiring way
- Personal humility and a heart to serve
- Strong musical abilities both vocally and instrumentally
- 3 to 5 years of worship leadership preferred
- Experience in discipleship and spiritual development
- Experience in building and managing volunteer teams
- Effective presentation skills
Work Schedule: The position requires full-time pastoral involvement with the expectation of full participation in the life of the church.
Supervisor: Senior Pastor