Parkview’s Community Group Pastor will oversee Parkview’s discipleship pathway by recruiting, equipping, and training community group leaders who will lead groups in the values of word, care, and mission all over the Iowa City region.
General Staff Responsibilities
-Demonstrate the qualifications of a spiritual leader as stated in 1 Timothy 3:1-7
-Live out the mission and vision of Parkview, in accordance with the EFCA Statement of Faith
-Establish and maintain healthy relationships with the Parkview staff team and elders
-Balance ministry and family responsibilities
-Contribute to staff meetings
-Serve the needs of other pastors and ministry areas as needed
- Oversee Community Group Ministry
- Guide community group ministry to carry out the initiatives in the 2020 Vision
- Recruit and Equip Community Group leaders
- Plan and promote regular times of connection between community group leaders, staff and coaches
- Lead and regularly communicate with elder coaches
- Lead and resource members, community group leaders, coaches and community groups in Word, Care and Mission as it relates to community groups
- Provide links between community groups and all Parkview ministries
2. Oversee and help promote the assimilation process at Parkview—visitor to community group member to community group leader
- Manage sign ups and placements for Parkview community groups
- Lead Parkview’s Connect Team
3. Equipping the people of Parkview through teaching in Parkview U and in other venues.
4. Shepherding the people of Parkview as needed.
- Counseling/meeting with people
- Weddings and premarital counseling as available
To apply, please email a cover letter, resume and sermon samples (video preferred) to email@example.com.