The Contemporary Music Director will provide prayerful and creative leadership in the following;
- Serve under the leadership of the Senior Pastor.
- Inspire, lead and develop music team members in their spiritual life.
- Research contemporary uplifting and useful music for praise worship within budgets provided.
- Maintain and purchase music for bands within budgets provided.
- Recruit and maintain participants in multiple praise bands.
- Propose budget for contemporary music ministries.
- Supervise all music teams for contemporary worship.
- Serve as Worship/song Leader for music in the Praise Services
- Develop new music ministry for the Classic Worship service.
- Manage the sound system equipment, its use, and operators.
- Select and organize music appropriate to the Sunday and season of the church year to enhance the worship.
- Meet regularly as requested with the Senior Pastor and Music Team.
- Understand praise music is a support for and encouragement of congregational worship and not “performance”.
- Provide weekly rehearsals based on a mid-August to early June worship schedule.
- Plan music for Sunday services during each year.
- Recruit, grow, and encourage current teams in their preparation, music, and serving.
- Encourage participation of youth and families in the ministry of music.
- Utilize the gifts and talents of both members and the larger community.
- Develop, recruit, train, rehearse and prepare a new teams to lead contemporary worship.
- Select dynamic and very contemporary music to be played in support of congregational singing with an eye to variety, the flow of worship, and introduction of new music appropriate for congregational singing.
- Plan music for seasonal special worship services at Christmas Eve and Easter services.
- In cooperation and at the direction of the Senior Pastor, develop and implement special emphasis or style worship services.
- The Music Director must be an accomplished musician with ability to sight-read music.
- Must be able to have proven experience in directing others in singing contemporary music.
- Expertise, and experience, in both vocal and instrumental arrangements.
- Advanced skills in both keyboard and piano as well as the ability to lead from either.
- Be familiar with “contemporary music” with a passion to try new music.
- Ability to conduct organized disciplined rehearsals that develop the talents of each member as well as the group as a whole.
- Promote and maintain a spiritual focus to leading congregational worship. .
- Ability to teach and encourage members and musicians with differing levels of talent and musical experience.
- Basic computer skills.
- A minimum of three-years of experience within a church setting, working with staff, musicians, and volunteers.
- The Music Director should be a person with a mature Christian faith, who desires an active role in a vibrant local church.
$15-24 per hour - negotiable based on educational background, years of experience and passion for the call to music ministry. Salary based on 12 month calendar year, based on a 12 hour work week, with increased hours as the number of teams grow. No health benefits or retirement included.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Modern Worship DirectorShiloh UMC
- Cincinnati, Ohio
- January 14
Director of WorshipCalvary Bible Church
- Neenah, Wisconsin
- January 13
Worship & Creative Arts DirectorRadiant Church
- Ludington, Michigan
- January 13
Assistant Pastor of Youth and WorshipNewfolden Evangelical Free Church
- Newfolden, Minnesota
- January 13
Contemporary Worship Director- White Bear CampusCalvary Church
- Roseville, Minnesota
- January 12