Senior Pastor Postition Description
Keokuk Evangelical Free Church (KEFC)
1. DESCRIPTION: Senior Pastor will provide leadership to the KEFC
A. A clear testimony of faith in Jesus Christ
B. Consistent spirtual and moral character and lifestyle, fulfilling the biblical leadership.
C. Agreement with the doctrinal statement of KEFC
D. Competent in Bible teaching and preaching.
E Potential and desire to remain in long-term ministry at KEFC
F. Competent in Bible teaching and preaching.
G. Successful ministry experience.
H. Adequate skills and education for the position.
I. Properly ordained.
3. RESPONSIBILITIES; Have primary responsibility for the teaching and sustaining of biblical doctrines
of this church and equipping God's people for ministry.
A. Pastoral Duties:
1) Preach and teach the Word of God regularly.
2) Have overall responsibility for the public worship services.
3) Administer the ordinances.
4) Provide general pastoral care and nurture.
B. Leadership duties:
1) Provide overall vision and leadership to KEFC
2) Work with the leadership team to organize and develop the ministry of KEFC
3) Provide overall leadership for the ministry teams of KEFC
4) Oversee the development and implementation of ministry objectives.
5) Develop leaders.
C. Management duties:
1) Supervise pastoral staff.
2) Supervise church administration staff.
D. Kingdom duties:
1) Represent the church to the community.
2) Provide ministry to the broader body of Christ.
A. The Senior Pastor is accountable to the congregation through the Board of Deacons.
B. This position description will be reviewed annually byt the Church Board.
C. Other issues relating to this position are described in the bylaws.
Must have senior pastor experience to apply