Grace Church in Longmont, CO is looking for a Worship Director to lead and shepherd our congregation in passionate and Biblical worship, and oversee a growing and diverse ministry of leaders and volunteers.
About the Position:
- The worship director (WD) will be primarily expected to lead the congregation into a time of corporate worship of God each week at our worship services. This entails helping people to focus on the Lord in their hearts and with their voices, leading by example,
with musical excellence and humility.
- The WD will recruit, train, and lead volunteers and musicians in a way that provides opportunities for them to serve in a wide variety of musical service. It is expected that the WD will lead the volunteers with a shepherd’s heart, engaging in relational
ministry, with the intent of making disciples.
- The WD will develop and oversee other leaders to multiply ministry possibilities. It is expected that the WD will be a leader of leaders, to equip others to support various ministries in the church, including (but not limited to) children's ministry, tech,
traditional instrumentalists, choir, and special events.
The WD is considered a core part of our ministry staff, and will work with (and be accountable to) the Senior Pastor in planning our weekly congregational worship. The WD will also work closely with our technical team to ensure quality control of our staging,
projection, and sound. The WD will have discretion over the Worship budget and vision commensurate with other staff members’ roles and authority.
- A developing relationship with Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord
- Possesses Godly character with a servant's heart and leadership gifts
- Ability to articulate and model a Biblical theology and philosophy of worship
- Ability to work with diverse people at a high level and communicate effectively
- Degree in Music or Ministry or comparable professional experience
- Demonstrated experience in worship organization and leadership in a church setting
- Knowledge of and appreciation for a broad spectrum of traditional and contemporary styles
- Strong stage presence and vocal ability
- Strong ability on a leading instrument (piano or guitar preferred)
Please submit a resume and cover letter. For more info, visit http://bit.ly/1IoUOgR