Kansas City New Hope Church of the Nazarene
Full-time = 40+ hours/week
Vision & Purpose
It is the vision of New Hope to reach families through ministry to children and youth. Under the supervision and support of the Senior Pastor, the Family Pastor is to lead ministry to youth, from birth to high school graduation. The goal is to reach families
with the Gospel and then help them to grow in Christ.
- A growing personal relationship with the Lord.
- Experience in the area of children and youth ministry.
- College and/or Seminary degree preferred.
- A passion for partnering with parents in the area of children and youth.
- A passion to create an environment for spiritual growth in children and youth.
- Must possess a strong leadership and administrative gifting in order to be a leader of multiple ministries and volunteer teams.
- Able to clearly communicate and articulate the Gospel.
- As Staff Member
- Serve as a member of the pastoral staff team.
- Participate in weekly staff meetings.
- Participate in monthly board meetings.
- Participate in regular visitation and outreach opportunities.
- Perform general pastoral ministry to the students, their families, and community.
II. As Family Pastor
The Family Pastor will have the flexibility to use his/her creativity to develop new ministries and methods to reach and disciple students and their parents.
- Pray for students and their families.
- Seek to lead students and their families to become fully devoted followers of Jesus Christ through discipleship, evangelism, worship, prayer, ministry, and fellowship.
- Equip students and adult volunteers to become multiplying disciples of Christ.
- Lead the enlistment, training, and support of student leaders, parents and volunteers.
- Work with youth/children’s committees in the promotion, planning, and implementation of activities and events.
- Prepare and administer student budgets within church policies.
- Provide, lead, and administer opportunities for special experiences such as camps, retreats, revivals, mission trips, outings, fellowships, and ministry projects.
- Engage students outside of church by eating lunch with them and attending extracurricular activities whenever possible.
- Set annual ministry goals.
- Plan and administer annual student calendars.
- Participate in personal training opportunities as offered.
- Oversee an ongoing background check procedure in line with church policy.
- Serve on Children’s Church rotation.
- Facilitate or annual children’s events such as Easter, VBS, Fall Festival, etc.
- Be available to counsel and pray with children regarding spiritual matters.
- Maintain a strategy for reaching and assimilating new children, youth, and families into the life of the church.
Salary to be determined upon hire base on individual experience and education.