Programming Director of Youth Ministry
The Youth Programming Director will give general direction and oversight to the overall weekend experience for the youth of Journey church.
EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS AND EXPERIENCE
It is desired that there be at least two years experience in a healthy youth ministry environment.
There shall be the completion of, or willingness to complete college courses in the field of youth ministry or acceptable equivalent.
- Espouse an unquestioned and vital commitment to Jesus Christ as personal Savior and Lord.
- Be thoroughly evangelical in faith, and agree with the beliefs, mission and values of Journey Church.
- Demonstrate effectiveness in personal witness and in the implementation of an effective youth ministry.
- Have a personal character and lifestyle, family life, emotional and physical state of health that is acceptable in accordance with 1Timothy 3.
- Be flexible with the growing demands of an evangelical, community focused church
1. Responsible to the Family Pastor as part of the total staff team.
2. Coordinate weekend experiences. These include:
- Responsible for helping to submit and manage all lessons and events, and Sunday evening times for the 5th and 6th grade ministry (The Garage) and the 7th-12th grade (The Path) ministries.
- Help build the youth ministry into an effective ministry reaching our teens on a holistic level.
- You will be expected to put in at least 15 hours a week.
- Must be flexible and allow for responsibilities to change as the ministry grows.
- We expect to see spiritual growth, as well as, numerical growth in our youth.
- There will be great freedom given in this position to make changes necessary to see the lives of our youth impacted by the grace of Jesus Christ.
- It is the responsibility of the youth leader to work with the FP to recruit and train a team of adult leaders to be able to care for ministry duties when the leader is absent.
- It is also expected that a core group of student leaders will also be trained and developed.
- Help facilitate and manage outings and activities.
3. Attend weekly staff meeting maintain good communication with FP.
- It is expected that a monthly report will be submitted to the FP.
4. Attend relevant seminars and conferences as time and resources allow.
Email resume and helpful attachements (video, mp3, lessons written or delivered) to JOBS@thejourneyonline.com.
****NOTE - this job posting is being processed at ChurchStaffing ONLY. Any emails, calls, or correspondence sent direclty to staff memebers at Journey Church will disqualify you for this position. Please email ONLY email@example.com. Thank You.