The purpose of this position is to support the mission of Wheatland Salem Church: Love God. Love Others. Change the World.
This position’s primary focus is implementing the vision of the congregation to live a devoted, connected and generous life. To that end, the individual in this position provides leadership for the discipleship journey of the next generation encompassing students in grades 6-12 and young adults ages 18 - 24. In addition, this individual collaborates with the leaders of Children’s & Family Ministry and Adult Ministries to develop spiritual formation programs for all constituent groups within the congregation.
Full Time (40 Hours)
Includes substantial schedule on Sundays as well as some Saturdays in line with particular ministry specific events and occasional all-church activities.
Staff Parish Relations Committee (SPRC)
- Provide leadership and initiative in planning, coordinating, implementing and evaluating for a youth ministry designed to engage the Middle School and High School age group based upon their particular needs.
- Identify and implement initiatives that engage the presently disengaged students already related to the congregation and/or reach new constituencies of students in the community.
- Provide leadership and initiative in the development, planning, implementing and evaluating for a young adult ministry designed to engage the 18-24 age group based upon their particular needs.
- Identify, recruit and mentor/develop ministry leaders (adult and youth).
- Be available to students and young adults on a regular basis.
- Collaborate with the Pastors to identify and assist students, young adults, and their families when facing crisis situations.
- Program oversight includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- Sunday School
- Youth group
- Weekly events
- Mission opportunities
- Manage and direct the work of the Ministry Coordinators associated with ministry areas.
- Ensure the adherence to the Safe Sanctuaries Policy by Student Ministry volunteers.
- Manage the fiscal tracking of expenditures, resource distribution (books, DVD’s, etc), program registrations and program advertising in a collaborative manner with the rest of the staff.
- Collaborate with leaders of Children’s & Family Ministry and Adult Ministries to address the needs of youth and their parents to ensure a well coordinated and effective transition for children into the student ministry program and students into the greater congregation.
- Collaborate with leaders of Children’s & Family Ministry the facilitation of Special Friends ministry offering one-on-one assistance for children with special needs to allow for participation in children’s programs.
- Participates effectively in the ministry leadership team, leading in the development and implementation of outreach, assimilation and multi-cultural programs specific to area of ministry, collaborative with other areas of ministry and congruent with the mission, vision and values of the congregation.
- Participates collaboratively with the ministry leadership team, participating in the continuing development and implementation of a leadership reproduction and apprenticing model.
- Committed growing Christian with a servant’s heart
- Person of high integrity, confidentiality, and patience
- Excellent relational and communications skills
- Adaptable, flexible, and teachable
- Innovative, able to develop novel ideas
- Focused, able to define issues and develop workable solutions
- Able to motivate and inspire.
- Collaborative and empowering
- Technical/functional proficiencies and knowledge in areas of expertise.
- Able to envision, initiate, and manage multiple projects, timelines, constituencies, and outcomes.
- Intermediate computer skills: Excel, Word, Publisher, ability to learn church-wide database
- Ability to address leaders needs in a timely, accurate and positive manner.
- Ability to attend weeknight and weekend events
- A heart for helping youth grow in their relationship with Christ
- Experience in leadership of youth
- Ability to supervise student ministry volunteers
- Well-acquainted with the Bible and able to teach/interpret the Scriptures and the Christian faith from a Wesleyan evangelical perspective.
- Able to attract a following
- Familiar and comfortable using technology and social networking applications
- Relevant bachelor’s or master’s degree, ministry training or equivalent experience
*Other duties may be assigned by the Senior Pastor
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
High School DirectorLake Grove Presbyterian Church
- Lake Oswego, Oregon
- January 18
Student Ministries PastorBraeswood Assembly of God Church
- Houston, Texas
- January 17
Pastor of Student MinistriesThe Orchard Evangelical Free Church
- Arlington Heights , Illinois
- January 17
Director of Student MinistriesJeffrey Calhoun
- Hopkinsville, Kentucky
- January 17
Youth DirectorGrace at Fort Clake United Methodist Church
- Gainesville, Florida
- January 17