The Audio/Video (A/V) Manager has primary responsibility for “house” sound, recorded sound and video, and web-streamed sound and video for worship services, weddings, special services and concerts held at Park Street Church (PSC). This includes operation of
the sound mixing boards, video cameras, performance lighting system, main projector and various computer systems used to mix, record and stream program content and requires collaboration with volunteers and paid personnel.
The A/V Manager reports to the Church Administrator and works closely with the Director of Music, Director of Choral Music and Facilities Manager in carrying out the production tasks for each service or event.
The A/V Manager is responsible for managing a crew of volunteers and paid personnel to produce excellent audio/video for each event. In order to accomplish this supervision and training the crew is an essential task.
- Oversee live production of “house” sound (audio mixing), video stream (video mixing), audio stream (audio mixing) for radio and web, lighting and program recording.
- Mix audio for services and events, for traditional and classical and modern Christian worship music.
- Assist with Sunday Night Band set-up.
- Schedule and time-manage the media crew.
- Setup and test audio, video, lighting, projection and recording equipment for all services and events. Fit microphones on speakers and performers. Setting up the stage as required for each service and event.
- Maintain equipment with assistance from engineering personnel in the congregation.
- Train and develop crew members in proper use of the equipment, audio and video mixing, and all of the tasks required to accomplish their tasks, both for new crew and advanced and on-going training.
- Act as “gatekeeper” for the use of equipment by PSC’s ministry partner organizations.
- Generate and maintain system documentation and procedures.
- Manage the digital archives; publish service recordings to the church website; fulfil audio CD and video DVD requests as needed.
- Provide support for the projection of video using PowerPoint and ProPresenter
- Install new equipment as necessary for upgrades.
- Ability to mix sound over a broad range of musical genres.
- Strong computer skills to facilitate operation of computers for video mixing/streaming, recording, projection, etc.
- Basic knowledge of performance lighting and light filtering.
- Strong supervisory, interpersonal and communication skills. Able to deal courteously with conflicting opinions regarding sound while maintaining direction of church staff.
- Proven ability to adapt to changing situations and manage problems under pressure.
- Ability to learn new systems, hardware and software.
- Primary working hours are all-day Sunday (7:30 AM – 6:30 PM). Many opportunities exist for additional work beyond PSC (an average of 67 special events per year last an average of 2.5 hours each, mostly on Friday, Saturday, Christmas and Easter).
- Candidate will be asked to provide a statement regarding their Christian commitment.
- Candidate will be expected to make Park Street Church their “church home” and will be encouraged to become a member.
- Prefer candidates with a knowledge of music who play a musical instrument.
Technologies We Use
- Midas M32 mixers
- Vaddio PTZ cameras
- Aviom personal mixers
- Wirecast, Wowza, and Amazon EC2 for video
- Adobe Audition for recordings
- Planningcenter for scheduling
- Christie LX1000 for projection
- ProPresenter for presentations
- Drupal Content Management System for website