The Worship & Events Coordinator will work as part of a team to shape a ministry that seeks opportunities to reach out into our community to help middle school students enter into a life-long relationship with Jesus. Success in this role will rely heavily
on a heart for reaching students beyond the church doors, creativity for engaging students in our programs, passion for students growing in their faith through mission trips & camps, and partnership with families in the context of a large, multi-generational
church. This staff member is also responsible for the worship experience of our Middle School and High School ministries on Sundays and for contributing to the overall worship culture of MPPC.
- Lead and coordinate all event planning and preparatory work for regular outreach events.
- Lead both summer camp & winter camp with the help of our entire MS team
- Ensure that Middle School Ministries is an outward facing ministry, reaching out to and engaging kids from outside of the MPPC family.
- Run multimedia elements of weekly programs (i.e. operating a sound system, lights, slides, graphics, videos, etc.)
- Implementing creative program elements in weekly programs (i.e. producing graphics, videos, skits, slides, etc.)
- Teaching messages that help students come into contact with and grow closer to God.
- Consistently meeting and inviting people who love Jesus and love kids into student ministry
- Discipling and mentoring volunteer small group leaders as they disciple and mentor students.
- Encouraging leaders toward a consistent involvement in students’ lives outside of regular programmed times and meetings (i.e. contact work.)
- Lead worship at Rock and other SM events as needed
- Lead rehearsals that develop and disciple student musicians
- Arrange worship charts for Rock
- Manage Rock’s planning Center and CCLI activities.
- Print music and prepare scripts for services.
Job Skills Required:
- Creative mindset; enjoys creating graphics, videos, skits and props for our programs
- Ability to learn and operate all technical aspects for our programs such as Propresenter, Planning Center Online, Tatango texting services, Adobe Photoshop, and Garage Band.
- Strong vocal and instrumental musical abilities, able to direct a band
- Must have knowledge of and experience in leading worship
- Must have experience with designing worship experiences and working with students
- Ability to work with all levels of musicians
- Efficient time management skills, with the ability to balance numerous requirements
- Ability to learn quickly, multi-task and work independently as well as part of a team
- Demonstrate volunteer recruitment and development
- Strong people skills and able to easily meet and connect others
Personal Qualifications and Skills
- Highly relational and able to draw people into the vision and mission of student ministries.
- Ability to relate well to students, parents, staff, and the larger church.
- Mature and vibrant faith in Jesus Christ, regularly participating in the life of the church.
- High character person who reflects his or her relationship with Jesus Christ by being a person who consistently acts with integrity and clear values and beliefs.
- Spiritual gifts such as leadership, communication, evangelism, helps, & encouragement.
- Ability to get leaders and students excited about pretty much anything!
- To apply go to: www.mppc.simplicant.com/jobs/18235-worship-events-coordinator-middle-school-ministries/detail