Pastor of Youth
First Baptist Church of Fairbury Illinois is located in a rural central Illinois community. We are conveniently situated right next door to Prairie Central High School. Our current church size is an average of 290 weekly attendees with a youth group that
averages around 50 students. Our church is focused on serving a community of all ages.
The purpose of this position is to make disciples of Jesus among the Jr. High and high school students and their families. The Youth Pastor will plan, implement, and oversee a ministry strategy, which presents Jesus as the only way of salvation and the
only sure source of meaning and purpose in life.
Experience in youth ministry and/or education in youth ministry or theological training is desired. This is a full-time position and will operate under the guidance of the Senior Pastor.
Characteristics we are looking for include:
- Loving those you serve and consistently honor people in the church and community.
- Passionate about youth ministry and serving with gladness
- A sense of calling to youth ministry
- Commitment to the vision, policies and practices of First Baptist Church.
- Effective oral and written skills to effectively communicate programs, expectations and biblical truths in age appropriate ways.
- Be able to use technologies, which would benefit ministry.
- Be creative and effective in managing multiple priorities and assignments.
- Be a team player.
Skills and responsibilities needed to be successful in this position include:
- Train & equip the Youth to be devoted followers of Jesus Christ
- Oversee and lead the High School and Jr. High youth programs
- Recruit, train, and support volunteers in youth programs
- Teach the High School Sunday School class
- Coordinate and lead youth retreats, mission trips, fund raisers and service projects
- Coordinate at least one monthly social event for the youth along with regular weekly programs
Applicants must be in agreement with our Statement of Faith which can be found on our website http://www.fairburyfirstbaptist.com/p/what-we-believe.html
Email resume, cover letter and references to