Director of Music and Small Groups
The purpose of Cornerstone’s Director of Music and Small Groups is to develop and effectively lead various teams of worship and small group ministry, to equip and guide ministry leaders, and to assist with the service planning process, all in a way that
is glorifying to the Lord and all under the direction of Cornerstone’s missions, values, and theology.
· Select and plan music for services.
· Develop musical teams for services. Schedule teams.
· Recruit, equip, motivate, and guide music team members.
· Establish a weekly rehearsal schedule.
· Create ‘order of service’ for Sunday services.
· Lead music for Sunday services and seasonal services.
· Communicate faithfully with elders, pastor(s), and staff.
· Encourage the development of musical, creative, and technical gifts of others.
· Develop an annual music ministry budget proposal, and administer that budget as approved by the financial team.
· Lead ministry in consultation with the church elders and lead pastor.
· Be an active member of Cornerstone Community church – participate in the daily life and ministry of the church.
· Organize, track, oversee all adult small groups within the church
· Provide leadership/education/training for small group leaders
· Provide vision for small groups moving forward to help small group members reach Christian maturity
· Yearly or as needed presentation of the church vision of small groups to the church congregation and explanation of how to get involved
· Be first point of contact for new members and others seeking to join a small group
· Conduct yearly or as needed signup/incorporation of new members into small groups
· Yearly evaluation of spiritual health of small groups and recommendations to improve, recommendations for dividing groups when they grow too large
· Oversight of small group discussion topics and future discussion plans
· Liaison between small groups and church staff
· Ability to encourage, counsel, correct, advise small group leaders in their relationships with difficult small group members
· Assist in small group discipline when necessary
· Authentic relationship with Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord.
· Musical skills and competence.
· Committed to the church’s vision, leadership, and people.
· Dependable, responsible, and creative.
· Strong organizational skills.
· Biblical education.
· Home life reflects strong relationship with Jesus.
· Experience with Adobe suite – Photoshop, Illustator, etc. a plus.
· Experience managing web design and social media.
· Ability to lead music for Sunday services.
· Gifted to lead and educate other volunteer musicians.
· Capability of relating personally and musically with both skilled and unskilled musicians.
· Experience with technical aspects of contemporary services – soundboards, lights, video, etc. – a plus.
· Cornerstone’s music ministry generally has contemporary worship services, although the church does currently sing about one hymn a week. The musical style uses modern instruments – often acoustic and electric guitars, drums, keyboard, etc. The music ministry strives to play songs that reflect deep biblical truths.
Other Job Details:
+ Full-time position - compensation based on both experience and education.
Interested in the position please reply to firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Worship PastorVelocity Church
- South Euclid, Ohio
- January 18
Worship LeaderFaith Community Christian Reformed Church
- Franklin Lakes, New Jersey
- January 18
Worship PastorGeneration Church
- Mesa, Arizona
- January 18
Director of Worship (Non-Traditional)Trinity United Methodist Church
- Columbus, Ohio
- January 17
Associate/Worship PastorDupont Church of the Brethren
- Dupont, Ohio
- January 17