Hope Evangelical Free Church
Spiritual Formation Pastor
Objective: To help people related with Hope Church to be “conformed to the image of Christ for the sake of
1. Develop and implement a guided process for Spiritual Formation including (but not limited to):
a. Spiritual Pathways map that includes clear steps for spiritual growth
b. Spiritual Disciplines training
c. Curriculum for baptism, spiritual gifts, how to study the Bible, Christian life skills, key theological
concepts, issue-focused support groups, etc.
d. Other initiatives as identified that would foster spiritual growth for individuals and the
2. Develop and implement a small groups ministry structure that helps people engage Spiritual Formation
through Hope Church.
3. Identify, recruit, train and develop teachers and leaders to effectively accomplish the ministry objectives.
4. Teach as necessary to effectively accomplish the ministry objectives.
5. Maintain personal and corporate spiritual health through spiritual formation.
6. Participate in Staff meetings, church-wide collaborative projects, and community networks as needed.
7. Lead ministry within all applicable policies and limitations, including budgetary development and
Qualifications: The successful candidate will:
1. Spiritual qualities-
possess a living testimony of a personal relationship with Jesus,
maintain personal integrity,
maintain regular spiritual practices, and
affirm the Hope Church statement of faith.
2. Personal skills-
possess high emotional intelligence (“EQ”) able to relate to people from diverse backgrounds,
be authentic, passionate, approachable and people-oriented, and
maintain a healthy family culture.
3. Experience-have served five years in ministry leadership.
4. Education-have earned Bachelor’s degree (required) or Master’s and/or Theological degree (preferred).
5. Professional skills-possess skills for leadership, teaching, volunteer coordination, organization and
familiarity with computer-based information systems.
6. Physical requirements-be able to setup tables and chairs for group meetings when necessary.
Reportability: Reports to the Sr. Pastor.
Spiritual Formation Ministry Profile
Hope Church September 2014
"We will in all things grow up into him..." Ephesians 4:14-16
Spiritual Health Assessment
Hope Church conducted a 100-Day Listening Tour and a Spiritual Health Assessment to determine the most important goals for the next season of Hope's ministry. This revealed the following ciritical issues:
- Many of us are hungry to grow spiritually or spiritually stalled.
- Many of us believe a flourishing small groups ministry will provide the most strategic solution.
- The hungry and stalled are confused about the Holy Spirit and the Bible.
- The hungry and stalled struggle with spiritual disciplines, pride, sloth, gluttony, and self-control.
- We need focused leadership and a clear structure for spiritual formation.
- Our members need systematic help to make meaningful connections.
- Life Change: we do this to become more Christ-like.
- Priority: as a Christ-centered community, we share responsibility for spiritual formation personally and corporately.
- Variety: offer small groups and classes with different focuses and formats to help people with different spiritual pathways and in different seasons of growth.
- Clarity: map spiritual pathways to help people find their way to a growing relationship with God.
- Fluidity: the organizational model allows people to move in and out of groups naturally and intentionally as seasons and needs change.
- Direction: leadership is given to small group leaders through defined objectives, relevant training, appropriate resources, meanindful accountability and helpful support.
- Openess: we remain accessible to newcomers, doubters, seekers, and others who are far from God.
- Scholar-engages God through the mind, study and deep analysis.
- Activist-engages God through the hands, in service and social justice.
- Pietist-engages God through the heart, in worship and communal spiritual disciplines.
- Contemplative-engages God internally through quiet meditation and reflection.
- Social-engages God through meaningful relationship with other spiritual people.
- Support/care-engages God through special help with specific life challenges.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Pastor, Adult GroupsPinelake Church
- Clinton, Mississippi
- January 20
Pastor of Life DevelopmentCrosswinds Church
- Oronoco, Minnesota
- January 19
Next Steps PastorBeach Church
- Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
- January 19
Pastor of DiscipleshipMountain View Community Church
- Frederick, Maryland
- January 19
Discipleship PastorEngedi Church
- Holland, Michigan
- January 17
Hope Evangelical Free Church
It is our desire as a church to serve you and your family any way we can, whether your needs are spiritual, relational, emotional or physical. Because in providing assistance towards your spiritual and personal growth, we hope to create: a Worshipping Community, a Learning Community, a Caring Community and a Sharing Community. We invite you to come grow with us! At Hope, we're challenging one another to follow the Lord Jesus Christ in a creative, authentic and contemporary way. Many people are discovering the adventure of sh More...