NO CALLS – email resume to: SPRC@HudsonFirstUMC.org
Director of Music and Worship Arts
Full-time, salaried, 35-hours/week (flextime)
Overall responsibility for the music program – plan, recruit, rehearse, conduct, evaluate and administer a comprehensive music ministry with multiple choirs (80 combined voices), brass, woodwind and string ensembles, and hand bell choir.
- Assist pastor in planning thematic services including appropriate music and worship elements.
- Direct the overall work of other staff (audio, visual, ensemble and choir directors).
- May play the organ or piano.
- In collaboration with the pastor set the overall direction and goals of the Music Ministry.
- Establish, enlist, and train music groups, choir members, soloists, ensembles and musicians.
- Conduct rehearsals of choral groups.
- Supervise the music library and equipment including purchase and maintenance.
- Incorporate different styles for effective inter-generational worship.
- Supervise the work of all Music Ministry employees and volunteers including – organist, pianist, hand bells, children’s music, sacred dance, sound and video technicians.
- Prepare and submit an annual budget for the Music and Worship Arts ministry.
- Coordinate the calendar of an effective and engaging music program.
- Coordinate the recruiting, training, and scheduling of ushers for regular and occasional services.
- Help arrange music for weddings, funerals, special projects and ministries.
- Serve as staff liaison to the Worship Committee and Church Council.
- Coordinate the production and distribution of worship service DVDs for shut-ins.
- BA in Music or equivalent education plus experience
- Leadership abilities and administrative skills
- Effectiveness in working with volunteers
- Good working knowledge of computers to include Word, Outlook, Excel, and the internet.
- Deep personal commitment to a vital and growing faith in Christ evidenced by your lifestyle.
- Christian character evidenced by a life of prayer, spiritual discipline and participation in church.
- An excitement and commitment to the mission of the Church – making disciples.
- Commitment to the heritage, doctrine and social principles of the United Methodist Church.
- “Fits” (Character, Chemistry, and Competency) this church and staff.
- A team player who works well with church staff, leadership, members and guests.