Employer: Good Shepherd Lutheran Church
Location: 1310 Shepherd Drive, Naperville, IL
Date Posted: March 30, 2015
Hours: Full-time--5 days per week including occasional weekend and Sunday hours.
Hiring Salary: $30,000-$38,000 depending on experience.
Benefits: Health insurance, Employer contribution towards retirement fund, paid vacation and sick leave.
Good Shepherd is a 4,000+ member Christian church with the primary mission to “Reach and Transform Spiritually distracted people so we all come to love and serve God.” Every member of our staff, including this position, is challenged to help fulfill that mission.
PURPOSE: Responsible for the planning and implementation of the faith development for families and children ages birth through 5th grade under the direction of the Director of Family Life—Children’s Ministries.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The position’s duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Modify curriculum for ages birth through 5th grade for Sunday mornings and Wednesday midweek preteen ministry
- Prepare and edit curriculum to fit the needs of the space constraints by selecting activities from available options and supplementing as needed
- Create environments, activities, and ministry which facilitates learning and encourages spiritual growth for parents as the primary spiritual leader in the home and for their children
- Assist in development, planning, implementation, and evaluation of faith milestones and family events
- Write or find curriculum for special events such as VBS, Lent, and Good Friday
- Create Power Point slides to assist in teaching for large group leaders
- Work alongside Children’s Ministry Associate to coordinate volunteer administrative teams for all curriculum needs
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Completion of a Bachelor's degree in education, religious studies, or related field or three to five years’ relevant experience; or equivalent combination of training and experience.
PREFERRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Ability to apply Bible stories for ages birth through 5th grade learning environments
- Personal relationship with Jesus Christ and passion to share God’s love
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to attract, develop, and lead people and/or ministry teams
- Advanced communication and interpersonal skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Publisher, Excel, and PowerPoint)
PHYSICAL REQUIRMENTS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This position is considered sedentary and is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions. It requires exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects. Sedentary work involves sitting, walking, or standing most of the time.
A pre-employment background check is required
GOOD SHEPHERD IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
To apply, interested candidates should email resume and cover letter describing your interest as to email@example.com as early as possible and by the preferred date of April 10, 2015. Please do not contact employer directly.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Director of Children's MinistryTrinity United Methodist Church
- Columbus, Ohio
- January 17
High School PastorMcKinney Memorial Bible Church
- Fort Worth, Texas
- January 16
Children's Ministry DirectorKempsville Presbyterian Church
- Virginia Beach, Virginia
- January 16
Children's Ministry DirectorGrace Church of Fredericksburg
- Fredericksburg, Virginia
- January 11
Christian Education DirectorChrist United Methodist Church
- Kettering, Ohio
- January 11