Responsible for developing and overseeing the communications strategy of Grace Community Church: leading, and developing a Communications Team and Media Team to support and enhance Grace’s mission through communication and marketing.
Spiritually mature believer in a vital, growing relationship with Christ expressed in a commitment to humble, servant leadership. Possesses a heart for the local church.
Committed to fulfill the mission and ministry goals of Grace Community Church by collaborating with staff and volunteer team members.
- Degree in communications, media, or related field; or at least 2-4 years experience in communications.
- Proficient in creative, photo, video and social media based software including but not limited to Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign). Working knowledge of HTML and CSS a plus.
- Proven finisher - able to take projects from beginning to end.
- Action-oriented, displaying focus, passion, and initiative.
- Interpersonal Skills: Relates well to all kinds of people by listening and negotiating, builds effective relationships and teams, collaborative.
- Project Management: Organized, creative thinker with an attention to detail, working in an ever-changing environment while managing multiple projects.
- Committed to improvement, seeks constructive criticism, understands strengths and weaknesses.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
CULTURE: The Communications Director will cultivate and participate in an environment that is:
- Fast-paced with quick turnarounds
- Flexible to respond to unexpected, last-minute requests.
- Gracious in saying no with an eye to both/and.
- Service-oriented within parameters
- Create a proactive communication strategy to market, create momentum, and promote the mission of GCC and its various ministries.
- Develop systems to initiate, organize/evaluate, prioritize, and communicate promotions.
- Innovate new channels of communication along with necessary support systems to manage such channels consistently.
- Proactively seek and collect stories of life-change and GCC life in order to inspire the congregation towards the mission of the church.
- Creatively communicate those stories via video, pictures, interviews, and website.
- Provide final edit and staff writing as necessary.
Design & Brand Management
- Design and amplify Grace’s communications strategy and branding.
- Develop the “voice” of GCC through its general communications.
- Create and promote a style guide for staff and ministry that ensures consistency in messaging and visuals throughout GCC.
- Monitor the look, vibe, and feel of all materials representing Grace, unifying existing print and electronic publications in visual style and content.
- Curate all of Grace’s print and electronic communication channels including, but not limited to, newsletters, brochures, website, social media and The City.
Web & Social Media
- Expand GCC’s online presence integrating web, mobile, and social media applications including next-generation website design.
- Promote current GCC intranet usage. Train GCC ministry leaders on use of various channels of communication including The City.
- Evaluate and track engagement on all communication channels.
- Creatively build followings on various social media outlets.
- Manage ongoing social media interaction and messaging.
- Create, lead, and manage a team of communication and media servants (paid & unpaid): the announcements team; graphic designer(s); video services and web development.
- Work with staff and volunteer ministry leaders to define, develop, and effectively market to church-wide and specific audiences.
- Assist ministry leaders in constructing marketing timelines to help promote and market programs and initiatives.
- Work closely with the Worship Ministry in supporting the worship services through stories (video) and graphics as related to series branding and ministry promotion.
- Participate in creative sessions in developing worship series and programs.
Reports to: Executive Pastor
LEVEL OF COMMITMENT
This is a full-time 40 hour per week position.
If you are interested in applying, please submit your resume to Tracy Namie at firstname.lastname@example.org or 8200 Old Columbia Road, Fulton, MD 20759.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Communications DirectorIngleside Baptist Church
- Macon, Georgia
- January 13
Creative Arts / Communications DirectorCornerstone Christian Fellowship
- Chandler, Arizona
- January 11
Communications Directorthe Journey at First Baptist Orange City
- Orange City, Florida
- January 11
Video ProducerFellowship Bible Church
- Roswell, Georgia
- January 10
Chief Video EditorThe Watchman Show
- Washington, District of Columbia
- December 30