LifeChurch is about LifeChange. We are a contemporary, culturally relevant, and fast growing church that is reaching people from all walks of life who are being transformed by Jesus Christ. We began in June of 2002 with 25 people and today have 1100-1200
attending our weekend services. Our vision is to be a community where real people can connect with a real God and experience real life. Our mission, based on the Great Commission, is to help people
Know Jesus, Grow together in Him & Go serve the world. This forms the basis for everything we do. We are currently seeking a full time Director of Children’s Ministry.
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensuring the coordination and continuity of the spiritual growth of children from birth to fifth grade.
- Coordinating LifeKids programing for 4 weekend services.
- Recruit, train, and encourage volunteers to adequately staff programming and the LifeKids ministry.
- Develop leaders and teams within the structure of LifeKids.
- Manage one - two part time staff members and two summer interns.
- Preview, select, order, edit, and distribute appropriate curriculum, materials, and resources.
- Coordinate special events (In-service children’s performances, summer camps, movie nights, Christmas party, Easter egg hunt and other midweek children’s programing).
- Coordinate children’s programing for annual church events (annual meeting, volunteer dinner, marriage conference, leadership conference, etc.).
- Serve as mentor to the MOP’s ministry at LifeChurch Canton and children’s ministry at LifeChurch Livonia.
- Develop and maintain a budget for LifeKids.
- Maintain and further develop the safety and security systems for children including background checks for all workers, and discipline systems for children.
- Cast vision and set goals for the LifeKids ministry in line with mission and vision of LifeChurch. Implement structure and strategy to achieve these goals.
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS:
- Has a growing relationship with Jesus Christ. Committed to personal growth, servant leadership, personal mentorship, and being one in the spirit with the leadership at LifeChurch.
- Is an energetic, creative, team player who loves kids and feels called to children’s ministry.
- Can demonstrate previous success and an ongoing ability in recruiting, training, and supporting coordinators, leaders, and volunteers.
- Can demonstrate previous success and an ongoing ability in developing and maintaining a children’s ministry.
- Is excited by the opportunity of working in a church that is growing rapidly and desires to see that growth reflected in the children’s ministries program.
- College degree desired.
- 2-4 years experience working with children and volunteers preferably in a church environment.
To express an interest in this position please send a resume highlighting the above qualifications
in a word doc format with your last name included in the title of that document to Rich Allen at email@example.com