Your primary responsibility is to oversee all aspects of guest services and assimilation for weekend services and church wide events. You will be expected to identify, recruit, and develop volunteers so that the front door is attractive and effective in assimilating attenders, members, and newcomers to the church.
Your mission is to glorify God through building a great connections department, focusing your efforts on the following:
- supporting the community and mission of the church.
- recruiting, identifying, and developing potential leaders.
- modeling excellence for the IHC “front door”.
- ensuring good stewardship of offering and ministry resources.
- connect people to IHC using the assimilation process for newcomers and next steps.
Support the Community and Mission of the Church
- Be a participating member of Inland Hills Church.
- Model what it means to be an authentic follower of Christ.
- Uphold the church and its leaders in prayer.
- Affirm and encourage all leaders and volunteers.
- Support the vision, objectives, and strategies of the senior pastor and the lead team.
- Attend staff meetings and all IHC main events.
Recruit, Identify, and Develop Leaders
- Recruit new team members for all guest services areas (ushering, greeting, safety, parking,information, set up and tear down, and refreshments).
- Cast vision for team leaders and volunteers.
- Identify rising leaders and challenge them to advance.
- Coach, shepherd, and train all volunteers, holding regular one-on-ones, team meetings, and huddles.
- Use the meta-model for growth and discipleship.
- Identify and raise up Main and Studio volunteer point leads
Model Excellence for the IHC “Front Door”
- Be willing to show others how to serve in guest services by serving alongside them.
- Be present and available before and after services to help and thank volunteers.
- Create and support a growth environment and leadership culture for guest service volunteers.
- Problem solve with other key staff and key guest service leaders.
- Initiate all planning and scheduling of teams, utilizing leaders for plan execution.
- Coordinate with the auditorium and studio producers.
Ensure Good Stewardship of Offerings & Resources
- Operate within the established guest services budget.
- Help with oversight in making sure Main/Studio venues are Sunday ready.
- Maintain an effective evaluation system.
- Keep supplies, event promotion materials and ministry information current at the info center.
- Safeguard facilities, equipment, and other resources. (Make sure the offering gets to the safe!)
Connect people to IHC using the assimilation process.
- Implement the church’s vision of connection opportunities through an assimilation process.
- Identify and implement a newcomer process, contacting and connecting people who are new.
- Oversee the next step process, contacting and connecting people interested in taking their next step.
- Coordinate next step events such as baptisms and starting point class.
- Learn our database management system and bring improvement to it’s functionality.
- Partner with other departments in helping others take their next step.
- Follow up and meet with people to help guide and identify their next step.
- Help with identifying and improving our assimilations process.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Associate/Worship PastorDupont Church of the Brethren
- Dupont, Ohio
- January 17
Waterbury Campus PastorFaith Church
- New Milford, Connecticut
- January 17
Discipleship PastorEngedi Church
- Holland, Michigan
- January 17
Associate PastorEaton First Church of God
- Eaton, Ohio
- January 16
High School PastorMcKinney Memorial Bible Church
- Fort Worth, Texas
- January 16