Purpose: The person fulfilling this role will help Praise Point be known for discipleship in our region by focusing on developing and helping families make life change for their children, youth, college/career and adults. The discipleship
process will help newcomers assimilate from first-time guest to engaged in the church and growing in Christ.
Big Picture Goals: The strategy for accomplishing successful holistic discipleship for the entire family will be through developing relationships with families and providing vision, direction and leadership for how the church serves as a
partner in the discipleship process with the family unit. This will specifically look like:
- Continue to develop the recently launched children’s ministry by developing and scheduling excellent, equipped volunteers. We are using and will continue to use The Gospel Project for the children’s ministry.
- Initially teach the children’s large group time on Sunday mornings while developing volunteers to lead that particular area.
- Oversee the continued development of the nursery ministry by developing volunteers.
- Work directly with the youth ministry, teaching the youth and developing discipled relationships with the youth.
- Continue to develop youth leaders and volunteers for the youth ministry.
- Continue to engage the children and youth with the church camp
www.campcotubic.com while finding ways to capitalize on the investments into kids and camp.
- Launch more small groups to assimilate people into groups.
- Develop a men’s ministry that engages the area’s men. The men’s ministry will serve as a coaching ministry for men in all areas of their lives.
Reports to: Lead Pastor
Basic Qualifications: This pastor must be committed to the authority of the Scriptures and regularly seek to know the Scriptures better. This pastor must have Scriptural qualifications of an elder. Minimum of
4-year ministry degree from accredited college; minimum of 4 years Christian ministry experience; experience in discipleship and developing effective teams; willing to pursue proper licensing within UB (some credentials may transfer). Spiritual gift of teaching
is a non-negotiable for this role.
What we will be looking for: In addition to the specifics listed above, we will be looking for: Character, Chemistry, Culture, Competency.
Compensation: The compensation for this role will be commensurate with the candidate’s education, experience, skill/gifting and overall market value. Benefits that will be added to the base compensation include
mileage account, ministry account, paid vacation, educational trips as they become available (Israel and Turkey/Greece) and possible performance bonuses.
Submit your Resume to: Brad@praisepoint.net
- a cover page stating why you are interested in this ministry opportunity and a brief bio of you and your family (if this bio isn’t in the formal body of your resume)
- Your resume, including references
- Your DISC profile, if known.