Apex Community Church
HIGH SCHOOL STUDENT MINISTRY COORDINATOR – Job Description
Scope of Position
Maintain age appropriate, theologically sound ministry for high school (HS) and/or middle school (MS) students that provides a discipleship focused community to promote spiritual growth among Apex students and supports the biblical role that parents
play in the spiritual development of their children. The means employed to maintain a healthy HS student ministry should be compatible with and fall within the Apex Gathering, Growing and Going ministry model. This full time position will be a 32 hour per
week role reporting to the Family Ministry Team Lead.
Qualifications and Position Requirements:
- Exhibits a personal and growing relationship with God, a teachable spirit, and a healthy family life.
- Preferred candidate would possess a bachelor’s degree in a related field, experience in senior high youth ministry, basic administrative skills, and a personal spiritual life congruent with biblical principles for leaders.
- Is capable of creating and executing a long-term vision for Apex HS and/or MS ministry.
- Demonstrates gifting and calling to youth ministry, loves teenagers, and has demonstrated effectiveness in leading students toward evangelism and outreach.
- Demonstrates a background of interpersonal as well as intentional discipleship among adolescents.
- Preferably has a minimum of three years experience of leading a sizeable church based student ministry.
- Is an engaging teacher, with a strong biblical and theological background, who is in agreement with Apex’s Doctrinal Statement and ministry philosophy.
- Be a self-motivated leader, capable of casting and imparting vision for ministry, and possessing relational skills with students, parents, and staff.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Lead and organize effective youth ministry integrating fellowship, worship, biblical teaching, discipleship, and evangelism, as well as ministry and mission opportunities.
Recruit, train and shepherd volunteer youth staff with diverse gifts and personalities. It is expected that the volunteer youth staff will comprise of both parents and non-parents.
Provide appropriate mentorship and spiritual direction to youth on an individual basis.
Provide oversight and mentorship to middle school student ministry leadership as directed.
Maintain contact with students and parents, keeping them informed of ongoing activities.
Keep parents updated on ministry strategies and plans in a way that encourages partnership and involvement.
Support Apex parents in effectively fulfilling their Christian parenting roles, in concert with other pastoral staff.
Assist in the development and oversight of the youth ministry budget, including student fees for events and trips in a timely fashion.
Seek to integrate student ministry into all phases of Apex life to create a culture that is intentionally intergenerational, striving to unite with and complement other ministries.
Participate as needed or requested in support of the overall Apex mission and vision.
Monthly one hour one-on-one mentoring by the Apex Preaching Team Lead or designated staff member to provide encouragement, support, and challenge toward holiness and righteousness.
Present ministry updates and goals to Apex Elders upon request.
Pursue personal spiritual growth and professional development through personal study and formal training at academic, online or conference settings.
Resume and cover letter should be directed to Apex Family Ministry Team Lead Kevin Bowman
Minimum Educational, Spiritual, and Ability Requirements:
1. A member of Apex Community Church (i.e. confession of faith; actively involved in a House Church)
2. Consistent spiritual and moral character/lifestyle.
3. Agreement with the doctrinal statements of Apex Community Church.
4. Knowledge, skills, and/or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently.
1. FLSA Status: Exempt (i.e. salary)
2. Employment Rating: Full-Time (32-hours)
3. Qualifies For Special Tax Treatment As A Minister: No
4. Ministry Area (primary): Family Ministries
5. Accountable To: Family Ministry Team Lead
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required
of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an "at will" employment relationship.