- Lead the Church in the development of Spirit-filled worship through song by using and cultivating the musical and artisitic abilities within the congregation.
- Give pastoral care and servant leadership to the members of the worship team.
This staff person will oversee and provide leadership and vision for this growing ministry area. Specific responsibilities include:
- Direction of our worship team (including worship leaders, vocalists, and musicians).
- Development and oversight of choir ministries (adult and children).
- Oversight of all equipment related to sound and worship.
- Oversight of weekend planning and flow in coordination with executive team.
- Oversight of sound and lighting teams and active coordination with video team.
- Development and implementation of worship technologies and methods (e.g., use of a variety of media, dramatic skits).
- Freedom to develop new ministries.
- Other areas of ministry based upon qualifications and interest.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead worship at least twice monthly in all services.
- Responsible for discerning the musically gifted and interested and be able to recruit and equip those persons for the ministry of music, enabling a broader participation from the church body.
- Assist with creation of weekly worship service plan and discern how to recruit and equip individuals for leadership in worship, possibly involving people in non-musical roles.
- Guide and coordinate the other worship leaders so that there is consistency from leader to leader.
- Lead worship team trainings.
- Schedule and lead an annual worship team retreat.
- Schedule and lead additional practices and events as needed.
- Select music to accommodate talents and abilities of group and to suit our worship style.
- Direct all technical aspects of sound, lighting, video, translation etc. affecting the worship service.
- Develop a relational ministry with those involved in the worship ministry such that you are known as a friend and one in whom members can confide.
- Assist in annual budget preparation for the worship department.
- Continually work on developing and improving personal skills for use in ministry so that the worship ministry can grow in this congregation. Participation in workshops, conferences, seminars, etc. is encouraged and expected.
- Participate in the general pastoral care of the congregation as called upon by the lead pastor or executive pastor.
- Assist with pastoral duties of communion, baptisms, preaching, teaching, counseling and other duties as required.
- Carry out other assignments as given by the lead pastor or executive pastor.
Before applying, please check out our style of worship at kchanford.com/archive. Apply by sending a letter of interest and resumé.