Primary Purpose: The Executive Pastor, working closely with the Lead Pastor, Executive Team, and Board of Elders, is to provide oversight of the administration and operation of AEC, the development
of AEC’s facilities, and the implementation and coordination of AEC ministries based on the purpose, vision, and mission of AEC.
Responsible to: Lead Pastor
Position Overview: The role and responsibilities of the Executive Pastor, a full-time exempt employee, are varied and far reaching. The position calls for a man who is gifted in administration,
able to lead teams of people, both staff and volunteer, to plan and carry out the ministry of AEC. He must be able to effectively evaluate current ministries and methods and to envision and implement change when needed. He must be willing to engage and encourage
others to Love Jesus Most. Working closely with the Lead Pastor, the Executive Pastor will focus approximately 45% of his time in Administrative, Operational, and Staff Coordination; 45% of his time in Ministry Implementation and Coordination; and 10% in
Other Ministry Responsibilities.
- Vital, born-again relationship with Jesus Christ demonstrated by a life of obedience to the precepts of the Bible. He must meet the Biblical qualifications of an elder.
- Able to affirm and abide by the FEC Manual of Faith and Practice, the AEC Statement of Faith, the AEC Constitution, the AEC Employee Handbook, and to support AEC’s Vision and Mission.
- Experience in ministry and/or organizational management.
- Able to lead teams to accomplish the Purpose, Vision, and Mission of AEC.
- Good organizing, admin, and communication skills; can plan, execute, and follow-up on details.
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s Degree preferred.
- Working knowledge of budgeting and financial management.
Key Position Responsibilities:
- Provide supervisory leadership to all Service Staff and administrative leadership to all Ministry and Associate Pastoral Staff. Plan and lead regular all-staff meetings and facilitate regular evaluations for all employees. Maintain and implement employee
handbook and church policies and procedures. Coordinate implementation of staff benefits.
- Serve as member of Admin Board and Executive Team as well as other AEC boards as requested by Lead Pastor and Exec. Team. Participate in Board of Elders meetings as an ex officio, non-voting member.
- With Admin Board, plan and implement church budget. Meet with staff for budget oversight.
- Work with Facility Director to maintain church property. Coordinate planning of future property and facility management. Maintain property and liability insurance.
A more complete description of responsibilities and related information available at