RESPONSIBILITY: In partnership with leaders from the congregation and the Youth Ministry Team, assist in the development and implementation of a comprehensive program for youth ministry. This includes nurturing students in their faith in
Jesus Christ, instructing them in our vision to worship regularly, grow intentionally, and serve generously, discipling them toward maturity, equipping them to share their faith, and providing opportunities for service both inside and outside the walls of
1. Serve as staff leader in ministry to girls grades 6-12 while working in partnership with the other youth directors.
2. Engage in relational ministry outside of the walls of the church where teens and families live, work, go to school, and play. This includes reaching out to non-Christian and non-involved students as well as discipling those youth who are active in the
3. Attend as many of the students’ extra-curricular activities as possible in order to build and maintain strong relationships.
4. Be the primary point person for girls’ mid-week groups grades 6-12. This includes calling, equipping, and sending volunteers to disciple the girls through small groups.
5. Coordinate large events for middle school ministry. This includes planning, budgeting, volunteer coordination, publicity, and execution of the events.
6. Assist in planning and executing an annual mission trip and retreats for the middle school ministry.
7. As needed, handle the administrative responsibilities of primary tasks including budget and communication as well as relevant committee meetings.
1. As a member of the Youth Ministry Team, support the primary tasks, the mission, and the vision of the other youth staff and Pastor for Family/Student Ministries. This includes serving as a leader in Sunday school, high school events, high school retreats,
and the high school mission trips, as well as confirmation events and retreats as available.
2. In partnership with the Family Ministry staff, conduct youth leader training events to equip leaders from the congregation to invest in youth ministry.
3. Work with the Family Ministry staff in providing resources, support and assistance to parents so they can faithfully carry out their role as the primary developers of faith in their children’s lives. Encourage family participation in youth activities.
4. Work with the Youth Ministry staff to guide and mentor the summer interns as requested.
- Growing disciple of Jesus Christ.
- Passion for middle and high school youth and a commitment for their personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Commitment to (or willingness to develop an understanding of) family based youth ministry and an ability to develop relationships with adults of all ages
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in a related field.
- Experience in youth ministry, either as a volunteer or on staff, with a portion of that in a church setting.
- Strong communication (written and verbal), relational, organizational, and computer skills.
- Able to engage physically in a full range of youth activities (including but not limited to jumping, running, swimming, hiking, etc.)
INTERESTED CANDIDATES SHOULD SUBMIT COVER LETTER AND RESUME TO
email@example.com by April 24, 2015.