First Presbyterian Church of Hilton Head is a well-established, community-oriented church that is looking to grow and expand its Children’s Ministry. We are located on beautiful Hilton Head Island, a small beach community surrounded by a fast growing coastal
region. We are seeking a full time Director of Children’s Ministry that will help us grow and integrate children, ages birth through 6th grade, in the life of the church.
- Provide Christ centered, child focused teachings and experiences for children with Sunday mornings and Wednesday evenings as the primary anchor points.
- Initiate and direct several special events for children throughout the year such as Christmas celebrations, Easter events and summer camps.
- Develop relationships with families by communicating, engaging and encouraging the children in their life with the church and providing resource for parents.
- Recruit, train and motivate volunteers.
- Maintain administrative records, reports and contacts in a timely and organized manner as well as oversee the ministry budget.
- Use technology and social media platforms to keep communication relevant and available.
- Report to Senior Pastor and collaborate with the Youth Pastor in the transition from 5th grade to our 6th through 12th grade youth program.
- A Christ centered and Biblically grounded calling to work with families and children.
- Bachelor’s degree is required; Master of Fine Arts in Christian Education is preferred.
- Previous experience working in a church environment and an understanding of ministry as a team.
- Flexibility, patience and the ability to work independently.
- Energy and enthusiasm in abundance.
- A commitment to personal spiritual development.
More information can be found on our website at fpchhi.org
Interested applicants should send inquiries and their resume to email@example.com.