Quest United Methodist Church in Champaign-Urbana, Illinois is a 10 year, young and growing congregation (~200 attendance). We're looking to hire a full-time Director of Ministries and Operations who would coach and assist many of our volunteer leaders and
provide ministry and operations oversight through high level leadership, administration, and communication to strategically fulfill Quest's mission .You can learn more about Quest at www.questwired.com. A full job description is below:
Primary Purpose: To provide ministry and operations oversight through high end leadership, administration and communication to strategically fulfill our mission of helping everyday people become wholehearted followers of Jesus.
Personal Responsibility: To model the life of a growing follower of Jesus (according to Quest’s membership covenant) that positively represents Jesus, Quest, and the broader United Methodist Church.
Professional Responsibility: To effectively manage ministries, special events, volunteers, facilities and administrative tasks to carry out the vision of Quest United Methodist Church.
- Church Wide Communications
- Coordinate all aspects of the church’s internal and external communications and media efforts (Facebook, Website, Enews, Sunday Program, other publications, Video News)
- Maintain a comprehensive church calendar
- Implement an approved marketing plan by working with vendors
- Ministry Oversight
- Assist these ministries (and volunteer ministry team leaders) in developing ministry plans that achieve our immediate, near-term and longer-term goals and overall mission.
- Provide the bridge between the Connect/Grow/Serve/Go ministries with a particular eye for how these ministry areas can work together to further help Questers become wholehearted followers of Jesus.
- Oversee periodic outreach and inreach events or opportunities by recruiting, training and monitoring progress of volunteers.
- Manage Daily Operations
- Oversee office administration (staff and/or volunteers) to ensure all necessary tasks are being accomplished.
- Update itunes podcast of message recording each week (Sunday or Monday)
- Monitor the office email account, responding/delegating appropriately
- Answer and return phone inquiries
- Update answering machine message accordingly
- Contact the News-Gazette when worship times and/or locations change
- Print/copy/send the following on a regular basis:
- Weekly programs
- Weekly letters to newcomers
- Monthly Mustard Seed Prayer Letters
- Birthday and anniversary cards
- Print/copy/send the following as needed:
- Occasional mass mailings as requested by Lead Pastor
- Baptism certificates
- Booklets for membership class, directories, etc.
- Other materials as requested by ministry staff or volunteers (name tags, sign-up sheets, handouts, etc)
- Maintain Office Supplies
- Purchase office supplies and postage as needed
- Work with printing companies (such as Martin Graphics) as needed for items such as letterhead, envelopes and prepunched program paper, brochures, etc.
- Maintain relationships with printer/copier vendor(s).
- Become an expert of Quest’s Information Database (Church Helpmate), follow-up process and procedure and oversee the Database Management Team
- Establish any necessary policies or procedures to be as effective and efficient as possible in fulfilling our mission
- Provide necessary assistance to the church treasurer (may include check writing, scanning/emailing bills, etc)
- Oversee office/administration budget
- Facility Coordination – administer facility needs for Quest ministries as needed
- Basic Expectations and Skills (Not all inclusive)
- Leadership: Big picture planner, ministry partner, coach and motivator. Serve on Quest’s Leadership Team and work with staff/pastors/leadership to implement ministry and communication strategies at Quest. Provide leadership and management
in the area of external/internal communications and marketing through all mediums. Occasionally recruit, coordinate, and lead various volunteer teams during transition or when launching new ministries.
- Relational: Sit at the table with staff/leadership and act as an advocate for creative and clear communication and implementation of strategy. Connect with staff, and volunteer ministry leaders on a personal, face-to-face basis to listen,
understand and help meet their ministry needs. Help with coordination and facilitation of church-wide events. ?
- Coaching/Training: Create and then educate staff and volunteers about procedures and processes for communicating church messages. Meet staff and volunteers where they are in their level of understanding and help them learn how to use communications
to improve the overall effectiveness of church communication. ?
- Creativity: Continually look for ways to communicate existing church-wide ministry programs in an effort to more fully integrate the congregation and the larger community with the strategy and mission of Quest. ?
- Organizational/Planning: Understand vision cast by Quest leadership and organize operations, ministry and communication in a way that best reflects church priorities and establishes structures that seek to include more people in the ministries
of Quest. ?
- Written Skills: Serve as the ‘eyes’ for all Quest communications – must have strong writing, editing, and proofreading skills.
- Technological Skills: Be proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Publisher, and Excel) and utilize online programs for web savvy solutions (i.e. Facebook, Picasa, and Google Documents). Would be helpful to have a general aptitude
of database technology.
Because of the nature and overall importance of this position, it can be expected that tasks or projects not included in this job description will likely arise and be assigned to you by your supervisor.
Supervision: The Director of Ministries and Operations reports directly to the Lead Pastor and is accountable to the Staff-Parish Team.
Time Commitment: Full time
Submit Resume to email@example.com