Reports to: Campus Pastor
Purpose: The primary purpose of this position is to build teams of volunteers and to provide leadership, strategic direction and shepherding to the volunteer teams (meal makers, meal delivery, events, drivers, greeting, food servers, kids,
hospitality and connections)
- Recruit and retain volunteers by managing an intake process by screening and interviewing potential volunteers.
- Assign volunteer candidates to the most appropriate and suitable position based on background, skills, interests, personal preferences, availability, etc.
- Ensure new volunteers demonstrate the competencies needed for their assignments
- Counsel volunteers to improve performance and satisfaction and reassigns or terminates volunteers as needed after consulting with leadership team
- Respond to community and leadership requests for temporary and ongoing volunteer help within established time frame; redirect requests if unable to fill them
- Maintain up-to-date volunteer schedules; notify departments of volunteer’s absences and arrange for substitutes if necessary and possible
- Maintain accurate and timely volunteer records and ensures all volunteer records are confidential
- Perform leadership tasks as necessary, including monthly reports and volunteer newsletter
- Communicating and modeling the vision, the mission, and values of the Jesus Was Homeless and Gateway Branson Church ministries (approximately 200 volunteers).
- Managing the scheduling and functions of the teams (as needed) which includes but not limited to Thursday Meal Makers, Thursday Meal Deliveries, Events, Drivers, Kids Quest, Greeters, Connect Spot, Food Servers, Kitchen, Hospitality, Parking Lot / Traffic
flow and Connections.
- Taking the lead with the volunteer teams. Building relationships with the team coordinators and helping to care for them and the rest of the team. Infusing recruitment and ensuring processes and training are excellent.
- Conducting volunteer interviews for potential team leaders. Ensures they meet the qualifications of both Jesus Was Homeless and Gateway.
- Providing direct shepherding and accountability for no more than 12 team leaders (is a shepherd of shepherds). Meeting regularly with these team leaders for accountability, support, encouragement, and training.
- Partnering in functional / strategic leadership and basic relational care for team coordinators.
- Partnering in functional / strategic leadership and basic relational care for all other team members.
- Facilitating the connection of team members into other steps of connection and opportunities for growth and missional living.
- Leading volunteer orientation & training on average once a month for new team members.
- Assisting in the recruitment of new volunteer leaders, shepherds and team members on a continual basis
Primary Gifts, Strengths, Talents required:
Primary gifts required include leadership and organization/administration as well as the ability to use technology for both recruitment and support of volunteers. Also a proven track record of effective team-building and personal discipleship (shepherding).
- 1-3 years of experience leading church ministries (either staff or volunteer)
- Ability to effectively communicate (strong oral and written communication skills) and work well with a variety different socio-economic and cultural backgrounds
- Demonstrate ability to problem-solve, analyze data, make good decisions for the organization, attend to details, and prioritize multiple projects at one time
- Ability to adapt to quickly changing organization environment including learning and applying new training and knowledge
- Ability to generate enthusiasm and interest from others for working within certain departments
- Must have an intimate, growing relationship with Christ and have experience spiritually shepherding others
- Must fully support the Jesus Was Homeless and Gateway missions, values and staff