Provide vision, oversight, and direction to all aspects of student ministries. Seek to foster community through building relationships with students and young adults that will strengthen their commitment to the church and grow in their faith in Christ. Provide vision, oversight and direction for students in transition from grades to Jr. High, from Jr. High to High School, and from High School to College/Young Adults. Ability to program, teach, and cast vision within the ministry that are in line with Flipside’s overall mission as well as recruit, equip and empower volunteer leaders within the ministry
Qualifications and Standards:
- Minimum of a Bachelors/Masters degree in related field (Compensation commensurate with education/experience)
- Minimum of three years’ youth ministry experience within a growing youth ministry
- Models Timothy 3: 1-13 and Titus 1:6-9.
- Intends to become active member at Flipside Church
- Demonstration of an active Christian Faith and spiritual growth.
- Commits to faithful adherence to the Flipside’s mission statement, vision, core values and polices.
- Practices the biblical concept of “Submission to Authority” (1 Peter 2:13-25).
- Handles conflict resolution at the time of the occurrence (Matthew 18:15-19).
- Demonstration of Godly stewardship in tithing and life style.
- Recognizes and embraces the value of teamwork success and individual success.
- Ability to relate to/with students of all ages as well as their parents/ guardians
- Demonstrates the ability to recruit, motivate, train, empower, and supervise others
- Exhibits a personal and growing relationship with God, a teachable spirit, and a healthy family life.
- Alongside the Director of Family Ministries, one who is capable of creating and executing a long term vision for Flipside’s student ministry.
- An engaging teacher, with a strong Biblical and theological background, who is in agreement with Flipside’s Statement of Faith.
- A self-motivated leader, capable of casting and imparting vision for ministry, possessing relational skills with students, parents, and staff.
- Lead and organize effective student programs.
- Recruit, train and shepherd volunteers with diverse gifts and personalities
- Create leadership teams through volunteers for events, growth groups, small groups, camps, teaching, and transitional ministries.
- Provide counseling and spiritual direction to students on an individual basis.
- Maintain contact with students and parents, keeping them informed of ongoing activities.
- Keep parents updated on ministry strategies and plans in a way that encourages partnership and involvement.
- Along with Family Ministries Director, support Flipside parents in effectively fulfilling their Christian parenting roles.
- Seek to integrate student ministries into all phases of church life to create a culture that is intentionally intergenerational, striving to unite with and complement other church ministries.
- Cast vision and ensure the development and execution of growth groups within student ministries and young adults.
- Ensure we have leadership and execution of young adult’s growth group.
- Serve within the rotation of teachers at weekly student gatherings as well as events.
- Cast vision and create transitional ministry opportunities for Students through Young Adults.
- 4th/5th grade transitional programs, events, etc.
- Jr. High transitional programs, small groups, care groups, events, etc.
- High School transitional programs, small groups, care groups, events, etc.
- Ensure that Flipside has consistent school campus presence within our local community
- Stay current with student ministry practices by reading, meeting with other student leaders, attending leadership conferences, etc.
- Provide vision, oversight, and direction within student/young adult ministries for service projects throughout the year.
- Provide vision, oversight, and direction within student/young adult ministries for Mission trips
- Assist in the development and oversight of the student ministries budget, also ensuring the management of student fees for events and trips.
- Participate in the evaluation and development of all church ministries.
- Monitor progress by giving reports of ministry progress to lead pastor, Ministry Supervisor, and or their designate.
- Regularly attend meetings with staff
- Regularly pray for the families of our church and the ministries we oversee
- Regularly attend Flipside’s services on a weekly basis.
- Perform other duties as assigned
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
High School/Young Adults PastorFBC Loganville
- Loganville, Georgia
- December 7
Senior High DirectorCalvary Church
- Roseville, Minnesota
- December 7
Student PastorGrace Point Church
- San Antonio, Texas
- December 6
Student Ministry PastorUniontown Bible Church
- Westminster, Maryland
- December 6
Dogwood Church - Director of Student MinistryVanderbloemen Search Group
- Peachtree City, Georgia
- December 6