Student Ministries Pastor
At Rockwall Friendship, Student Ministry is a significant part of ministry life and reaching the masses for Christ. This opportunity is focused on Student grades 6-12th.
The Student Pastor will seek to equip parents with opportunities and resources to fulfill God’s plan for the Student (Deuteronomy 6:1-9), and to create environments where student and parents become thirsty for God (Matthew 5:6).
Spiritual and Character Qualifications
The Student Pastor should:
- Have a clear testimony of faith in Jesus Christ and a passionate, growing, personal relationship with Him.
- Have a history of moral purity
- Meet the biblical qualifications for elder/pastor (I Timothy 3:1-7, Titus 1:5-9)
- Be a self-starter with drive, passion and initiative
- Be teachable and willing to be held accountable
- Be a team player with a positive attitude
- Be in agreement with the Baptist Faith and Message
- Possess the spiritual gifts of teaching (Romans 12:7), leadership (Romans 12:8) and administration (1 Corinthians 12:28).
This position requires a relevant college degree as well as 3+ years experience in leading student ministry. Seminary or ministry training is a plus.
Proven track record to create and launch new ministries and to build teams and equip team members for greater fruitfulness
Spiritual Gift of Leadership and Teaching, with either Administration or Evangelism
Excellent communication skills with a substantial aptitude in teaching
A leader of leaders with the proven ability to lead a group of people to embrace and fulfill a vision
Ordained to preach and administer sacerdotal requirements
Be comfortable working in a diverse ministry setting
- Lead and teach weekly student gatherings
- Plan, lead and direct student events and activities
- Oversee student ministry through weekly classes that are strategic and fun (6th-12th).
- Recruit and empower teams of volunteers.
- Engage families with 2 to 3 large-scale annual events.
- Develop a core leadership team to assist you and to champion student ministry.
- Lead and make sure the RFBC student and adult volunteers are led in fulfillment of the church’s mission
- To work as a “leader of leaders” and “recruiter-equipper” who recruits, equips, and disciples adult volunteers.
- Develop teachers for support teaching roles on Wednesday and Sunday’s.
10. Lead outreach events or activities where the student reach out to the lost and the under privileged (Seasonal parties, etc.)
11. Attend staff meetings and one-on-one meetings with Sr. Pastor
12. Follow up with fringe students or those who have dropped off in their involvement.
13. Contact visiting families that have children
14. Come alongside parents of students to encourage and equip.
15. Coordinate camps, retreats and mission trips (to be determined)
16. Oversee the purchasing/creating/implementation of all curriculums
17. Deliver sermons at the main worship hours on occasion