Title: Director of Music/Modern Worship Ministries
Supervisor: Lead Pastor
As a leader of Modern Worship, the director is passionate about the church’s mission of transforming lives by making disciples of Jesus Christ. The director shares faith and engages people during worship services leading the congregation to become worshipers.
The director is responsible for creating a rich pool of talented worship teams for Schweitzer’s multiple modern services. The director is responsible for all administrative aspects of modern worship and works collaboratively with other members of the Ministry
- Is a fully devoted follower of Jesus Christ, committed to a Christ-centered lifestyle;
- Is a member of Schweitzer and is fulfilling the membership covenant through their prayers, presence, gifts, service, and witness;
- Aligns task and responsibilities in helping Schweitzer achieve its mission of transforming lives by making disciples of Jesus Christ;
- Shows and earns respect as a leader, is able to work harmoniously with subordinates, peers, and congregants;
- Demonstrates high energy and productivity;
- Possesses effective communication skills–oral, written, electronic and listening;
- Is a strategic thinker and uses time wisely;
- Keeps and maintains confidentiality;
- Leads boldly to make the right things happen;
- Able to identify, recruit, equip, and lead paid and unpaid staff to excel;
- Seeks continual improvement in ministry.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Leads the modern worship ministry and is responsible for the scheduling, supervision, and deployment of personnel in collaboration with the ministry leadership staff.
2. Leads and/or assists all modern worship musical groups–adults, youth and kids–to create worship experiences that draw people into worship and actively seek the presence of God.
3. Maintains a high standard of musical excellence in developing a large pool of vocal and instrumental talent for the church’s ministry.
4. Responsible for submitting and monitoring the modern worship budget.
5. Coordinates and coaches the worship band of Church @ the Center’s Sunday gatherings.
6. Is responsible for the recruitment and development of youth modern worship talent.
7. Conducts on-site visits to other congregations and obtains the services of a coach/mentor.
8. Fulfills other duties as assigned.
Interested applicants are encouraged to send resumes, including references, and inquiries to Pastor Bob Casady, firstname.lastname@example.org.